part twenty-nine

"you really have lost your fucking mind rue." i hear fezco's voice coming from one of the rooms right before i can round the corner.

"i think she's been lost it. but we still love her." i state as i walk in, rue turning around to see me, along with fezco now smiling.

"what are you doing here?" rue asks, clearly bothered by the conversation i just interrupted.

"i came to see fez, sorry ash let me in. i didn't know you were here."

"nah you straight. y'all need to drop whatever shit y'all got going on anyways." fez says as he continues to bathe his grandmother in front of us.

it grows silent before i glance to rue. she looks a mess. her hair is everywhere, her eye makeup is smeared, and she looks as if she's sprung off something right now.

"are you..are you okay?" i mumble after examining her.

"she's being manic as fuck." fez answers first.

rue throws her hands up, before bringing one up to bite her nails.

"i'm just tryna figure this shit out. somethings up with jules."

fez sighs, looking to me. "has something to do with nate apparently."

my eyes widen slightly, confused on what drama jules and rue could have with nate. you'd think he's already fully occupied by his drama between me and maddy.

"he fucked with me and he fucked with jules. i just want fucking revenge." rue goes on.

"what did he do?" i ask cautiously, wanting to know but also being scared that rue won't open up to me about something so serious to her.

just then fezco's phone dings, him reaching to get it along with reading the message.

"fuck. mouse is here." he says, standing to walk to the door.

"the guy with the-" rue starts, pointing to her own face to reference what i'm assuming is tattoos.

"ight, so stay in here and be quiet. both of you." fez says.

"who's mouse?" i ask, concerned about why they both seem uneasy about whoever this is.

"fez, i can't stay in here like i can't-"

"yes the fuck you can." he cuts her off.

rue continues to ramble, fez then shhing her quietly.

"can't we just leave?" i ask, now sorta frightened on why they're both making such a big deal about this.

"be quiet, listen i'm really serious right now. i need you to sit your manic ass down and be quiet for five fucking minutes rue. and bri, shut the fuck up. don't say shit."

"i'm not stayin here." i say with an attitude, now equally as upset with fez for trying to trap me in here with rue's manic ass and his naked grandma.

"i'm not fucking playing with you, sit down and shut the fuck up." he says sternly, putting me in my place before slamming the door behind him, leaving us.

i turn to rue, throwing my hands up. "what the fuck?"

rue sighs, going to sit in the chair. "trust me you don't wanna know."

i huff, standing as i begin to lean back on the wall. i hear a loud bang followed by footsteps as though people just came in.

i notice rue zone out as she stares across the room.

"rue? listen. i'm sorry if i never made that clear to you. i fucked up by leaving you to deal with overdosing on your own." i finally let out.

i figured this might be my only time im alone with rue and able to officially apologize.