Chapter 4. Funeral and Argument

"Truth, Justice, and the American Way." - Speaking.

'Up, up, and away!' - Thinking.

"Hello there." - Artificial Intelligence, Hologram, Phone call, Important Word.

"Statistically speaking flying still is the safest way to travel." - Somebody reading something out loud.

Superman - Time, POV, A/N, Location, All Might Speaking.

_______________

{ Third Person }

| Location: Smallville Cemetery  |

| Time: 10.02 A.M. |

The day of the funeral Dr. Kennedy's quirk wore off on Izuku's hair, voice, eyes, and facial structure. The boy who now was completely changed and riddled with grief watched as they prepared to bury his father.

He walked up to the beautiful oak wood coffin and placed a white rose on top of it. He glanced back at his Mother who was sitting down and quietly sobbing. He felt terrible for not crying, he tried so hard. But nothing came out. The only thing that appeared was his anger for not being able to save him.

He walks up to the podium in front of all the people who were attending and clears his throat. "Good morning everyone. Thank you very much for coming today. I never really expected this day to happen, to have to say goodbye to someone I love so much. Many of you probably know by now that I am adopted. A quirk was used on me to make me look like my parents for a period of time."

Izuku looks at the people in the small crowd. He sees a man with brown spiky hair and glasses sitting next to a woman with ash-blonde spiky hair with ruby eyes and a boy that looked about his age who was identical to the woman sitting next to her. Then he saw Aya and her Mother, and a few of his classmates and teachers. Finally the rest of the group was filled with relatives and friends of his parents.

"But that doesn't matter to me. Hisashi Midoriya was and will always will be my father. I have so many wonderful memories of him, and while his time here was cut short. He will always be with us." He steps off of the podium and go sit back down next to his Mother who places her hand on his shoulder and stands up and walks up to the podium to make her speech.

_______________

{ Izuku Midoriya }

| Location: Smallville Cemetery |

| Time: 11.06 A.M. |

The service ended and people began to leave and drive over to the house for a party to celebrate his life. I stay behind at the Cemetery for a bit and just stand there. I sigh and turn around to leave and see Bruce standing behind me.

"Midoriya." He greets me and I give him a small smile. "I'm sorry for your loss." Bruce says. "Thank you. Are we still on for training next week?" I ask and he gives me a strange look. "You just lost a parent. I know how it feels, take some time off. Then we can start training again." He explains and I nod.

"You going to head over to my place for the after-party?" I ask and he nods his head no. "I don't do well in large groups." "Well if you need anything you know where to find me." I wave goodbye as I walk to my home which is about a five minute walk.

Once I arrive I head straight to the barn and go into the basement and lock it behind me. I head over to the shuttle I arrived in and pull the tarp off of it. I activate the hologram and Jor-El appears. "My son! How are you doing?" He asks excitedly and I shrug.

"Not the best.." I go on to explain how Dad passed away and he gives his condolences. "But I believe that is not the reason you are here. You want to know when your other powers will arrive, yes? That I can not answer for you. What I can tell you, my son. Is that your Mother is grieving, go be with her."  The hologram shuts off and I sigh. I walk out of the basement and barn and head over to my mother.