Chapter 1

I was thinking a lot about writing some fanfics and this one came to mind. I can't get it out of my head so I decided to write the story for it! Read and Review but most of all, enjoy! And by the way, if you have seen this before it is mine I just took it down for a while before getting back into it. This story is also posted on fanfiction.net. Don't worry if any of you have already read it, I am currently re-reading the story and starting where I left off!

Affections and Attention

Chapter One

Hisoka bowed before her new husband, handing him his breakfast. She had her usual soft smile on her pale face and her dark blue eyes gleamed. Her long dark hair fell lose from its braid that was draped over her shoulder. She was wearing a simple blouse and jeans for the moment, being as there weren't any meetings to attend for the day.

Her husband didn't even glance at her as he hesitantly took the tray from her and set in on the one bare spot on his desk. His laptop glared at him, revealing all the work he had to complete for the day. Although the bright side to that was that he wouldn't have to leave the safety of his study. He started nibbling on one of the pieces of toast and continued his work, eyes never leaving the screen.

Hisoka just stood and left the room, very familiar with this treatment. She had expected it from the beginning and she still expected it now, although she still had hope that she would eventually make an impression on him besides a business partner.

Kyoya and Hisoka had been married for almost four months now. Their engagement had lasted about seven months and in all that time she spent with him, he still had no feelings for her. Of course she had expected it at the beginning but by now she had hoped that he would have some sort of attraction to her. However, she was wrong.

It had been an arranged marriage. She had developed feelings for him while they were in Ouran academy although she never bothered him like many of his other fangirls. She was more reserved and knew how much it might bother him. She also knew that she didn't want to have her heart broken, knowing the intentions of the Host Club. She was from a prestigious family that had many dealings with the Ootori family which led up to their current situation.

She also knew from the beginning that Kyoya had feelings for another but everyone knew that the woman he loved would never be his. Her heart belonged to that of Tamaki Suoh. Hisoka couldn't blame Haruhi for how Kyoya treated her. In fact, Hisoka had made a point to be friends with Haruhi, knowing jealousy would get her nowhere.

She retreated into her own room and sat down on the bed, taking a deep breath. She'd only slept in the same bed as him for a week. The whole of their honeymoon and the first day in their new home. By that time she knew that he wasn't pleased with them sharing a bed so she promptly moved herself into a separate bedroom far enough away to give him his space. As much as he only considered her a partner, he hadn't really realized how dependent he was on her.

Even though the house was full of servants to cater to their every need, Hisoka made sure to bring him all three meals when he was working, and made sure he was in bed and got up at decent hours. She was also there when he was frustrated with work and also made sure to make herself scarce when he was in a foul mood. It had become routine really, and he had fallen into it rather easily. Although however much she wanted to break away from the routine into something more a couple would do, she couldn't bring herself to upset him.

She pondered on how much longer it would take for him to notice her...or at least appreciate her...but the thought was immediately interrupted but the need to use the bathroom. She hurried into her private one and hurled the contents of her meager breakfast into the toilet. It was a few minutes before she was dry heaving and then done. She wiped her mouth and forced back the tears threatening to come. She was hoping it would be soon being as she found herself to be pregnant not to long ago. However she wasn't sure how to break the news to him.