xiii. aren't you lonely?

𝐈𝐓'𝐒 𝐌𝐘 𝐓𝐔𝐑𝐍,chapter thirteen!━━

𝐈𝐓'𝐒 𝐌𝐘 𝐓𝐔𝐑𝐍,
chapter thirteen!
━━

TECHNO would sit underneath the giant tree his family had named owen; reading a book he had bought while on a road trip. The Art of War by Sun Tzu. he had read this book 6 times already, it just infatuated him every single time.

every saturday he'd wake up at exactly 8:53am and make his way over to settle down under the tree to read. it was a must for techno. he needed some form of repetition and this was how he got it. the comfort of the same book made him feel more in control at times.

tubbo would occasionally stare at techno through the window while attempting to do his homework. he hated how isolated techno constantly was. he'd always try to finish his work before techno came back inside, so he could maybe go sit down and read with him ——— ya know, provide him some company.

so one saturday he (tubbo) woke up at 8:50am and prepared a small breakfast for the two of them. he grabbed the family picnic blanket and laid it out underneath their tree.

he set up their breakfast outside and waited patiently for techno to arrive with his glasses on, book in hand and a huge smile on his face —— and he did... until his eyes landed upon tubbo sitting there cutely; legs crossed and arms folded.

tubbo's tummy grumbled as he stared at the food in front of him, he couldn't wait to eat.

techno walked up to tubbo with a faint frown; he was really looking forward to his morning alone.

"tubbo, what are you doing out this early?" he questioned while adjusting his watch. it was 9:27am. the 7 year old looked up at him and smiled, "i wanted to keep you company this morning!" he was so energetic and techno just couldn't match his energy whatsoever.

the nineteen year old groggily made his way over to the blanket. he had drove over to the house excitedly; ready to read a new book.

tubbo had bought him a book with the money he had been saving last weekend and had promised he'd take the time to read it. it was a child's literature book, but he still thought he'd give it a try.

his fingers trailed over the front cover, "freak the mighty!" tubbo growled happily. the title of the book was what sold tubbo, he didn't need to read anything, just thought the title was cool and that his big brother would enjoy it (maybe even read it to him.)

"can we eat now, tech? i'm really hungry." he begged. techno looked down and noticed the (frozen) waffles, fruit and eggs that were neatly laid out. "did you make these?" he laughed.

tubbo proudly nodded as his big brother sat down across from him. "did dad help?" he teased. tubbo looked over at the window to see his dad cleaning up the mess he'd made. "no, just told me not to get hurt."

techno nodded and grabbed a fork, "why'd you want to be outside with me this morning?" tubbo stopped chewing and looked up at him with a mouth full of fruit. he swallowed and scooted closer. "i miss you. you're always here when i'm doing my homework, and leave once i finish it. phil says you'll be back next weekend, but we never get to talk."

techno sighed, "i'm sorry, tubbo." tubbo shook his head, "it's okay, i understand." tubbo grabbed the tiny box he had hidden under the tree a few weeks ago and sat next to techno.

"this, this is for you." he handed the box over. techno placed his plate down and took the box, opening it to reveal two custom earrings/horn ornaments.

they were baby blue with tiny daisies engraved in them. "when did you get these?" he asked in awe. "i made them! uncle sam and aunt puffy helped me." he explained while taking one of the rings and adding it to techno's left ear.

tubbo then took the slightly larger ring and placed it on his left horn. "now we'll match." he smiled. techno chuckled happily at the child and his tiny horns. he gently tugged at them as they continued with their breakfast.

the two most different children hung out and showed affection the least, but when they were together, alone, they just couldn't help but show their appreciation of one another.

oh, but that can only last for so long...

-
a/n: meep