xi. a broken path

IT'S MY TURN,chapter eleven!━━

IT'S MY TURN,
chapter eleven!
━━

SHE stepped out of the portal and into a pile of snow, sinking down into an abundance of cobwebs. groaning at the thought of the tedious task ahead of her. she pulled off the webs and fell into a pool of water.

"ha-ha, i got someone!" she heard above her. the snow continued to trickle in as someone stood above the trap.

he had short yet long pink hair, red eyes, and pig-like ears; and he wore a cape that draped over his armor, as well as an abundance of rings on both hands. his necklaces over lapped one another yet still looked organized. he had a dangling bedrock earring on his right ear and lastly, he had rings clasped on his (upper) ears, 4 gold ones and two purple ones.

the gold represents non-blood related family and the purple represents deceased family. ——— y/n knew this for the fact because she also had two purple rings on her left ear.

"you're a stranger." he blatantly let out.

she scoffed, "yeah. i don't appreciate the trap." "did you expect a warm welcome?" he refuted. "i'd prefer it."

he rolled his eyes and crossed his arms, "how'd you find this portal?" she looked up at the purple glowing spirals and sighed, "the paths seemed sketchy, so i strayed from them. ended up in front of this one. no signs, far away from any other one. it was mysterious."

he nodded and pulled out a ladder, "so, why must you stay so safe and spontaneous?" he tickled. she stopped climbing for a second and looked him in the eyes. "isn't everyone trying to stay safe?" she laughed.

"yeah, but you're not staying safe in that manor. you're trying to stay safe from someone, or something." he explained. she couldn't help but feel as if she was the easiest person to read.

how did everyone seem to know that she was running away from something? maybe it's cause she simply sucked at hiding it. i mean, she never really did run away before.

as she finally got out of the hole she shivered; her entire lower half was wet and the 11°F breeze didn't help. she groaned and dug through her backpack for the red and white shirt.

she had removed it while walking through the nether as she wasn't used to the heat. she had sports like bra though so she felt somewhat covered.

she quickly pulled on the shirt and then a jacket, hugging herself to help keep warm. his eyes locked onto the shirt. he had seen that shirt before. he had bought that shirt before.

bought 3 of them every year, one week before april 9th.

but anyone could buy that shirt. he laughed at the girl and diverted his thoughts, "you don't seem prepared for the cold."