New York

A/N: Last chapter of this book is here! I can't believe we're already at the end of season 2, omg! Anyway, as usual, a little Epilogue and a Last Note are also coming your way. But, for now, enjoy!

"A year and a half ago the New Directions were nothing but a group of six misfits stumbling their way through a horrific rendition of Sit Down, You're Rockin' the Boat." Kurt said, almost dreamly as all the glee kids sat together at Times Square in New York. "Now here we are at the top of the show choir heap. Nationals!"

"I want to hit up Central Park, get my frolic on." Tina said, as Winnie gasped in excitement.

"Uh, can I come?" She asked, as Tina laughed. "I totally need a picture there for my instagram."

"Oh, count me out then." Mike mumbled. "I really don't want to take like 50 pictures of Winnie only so she can delete them all and tell me that the angle is wrong."

"Well, if you learned to take good pictures, Michael Chang, you could take only three and we'd be okay." Winnie rolled her eyes, gasping playfully when Mike punched her on the shoulder.

"I want to throw stuff off the Brooklyn Bridge." Puck said, drawing everyone's attention to him and unintentionally stopping a play fight between Mike and Winnie.

"Guys, hold on." Finn said. "I mean, we still have two songs to write."

"Okay, Mr. Bossy Pants." Kurt rolled his eyes with a smile. "But I think we have some time for a tune before we leave."

And, just like that, Kurt started to sing New York, New York and, soon enough, everyone had joined in for a bit of a sing-along.

"Guys, I have news." Rachel squealed as she approached the group with a huge smile. "To celebrate our impending win at Nationals I got us all 14 tickets to Broadway's longest-running show ever... Cats."

At that, everyone cheered, until Quinn spoke up.

"You might want to check the dates on those tickets, Rachel, because Cats closed about 11 years ago." She said, causing Rachel to frown as she took a look at the dates in her tickets.

"He did seem crazy." She admitted. "He charged my credit card by swiping it through his butt crack."

***

Finally, the kids were up in their hotel room and Winnie had to admit it. Considering the little money they had, that hotel seemed quite good. She was enjoying the bed, laying down across from it when she bounced up a bit when Tina flopped down just beside her friend, laughing when she squealed.

"Tina!" She laughed, swatting a pillow on the girl's face as she just continued to giggle.

"Do you know that I can get an ahi tartare and a steak sandwich at 3:00 in the morning from their all-night dining menu?" Kurt asked, as he looked at the two girls and they stopped teasing one another to look at him instead. "I feel like Eloise."

"I have pills for that." Brittany said, as Winnie snorted a laugh.

"All right, guys." Mr. Schue said, causing Tina to sit up straight again as she pulled Winnie up to sit beside her. "This is your time. Now, you are all on lockdown till you finish writing our songs for Nationals. I want at least two solid verses by the time I get back."

"Aren't you gonna help us?" Tina frowned.

"I, hum... I will be back and read your amazing creations and give notes." He said, as Winnie pouted, confused. "But right now I have to head to the theater to, hum, fill out some paperwork. So... Get to work!"

And, just like that, Mr. Schue was gone and the kids had started working on whatever song or inspiration they had at the moment. Winnie wasn't really being that productive, but considering she had nothing around her to inspire her at the moment and she could hear Mercedes' quiet giggles from across the room as she sat beside Sam, she wasn't sure anything she even attempted to write would be any good at all.