20

Three months later
(Clay's pov)

I sat with George as I drove to the adoption center again, we had to go back to the center once every month to get test done on us and to spend time with Kai and the baby girl.

"I can't wait until we finish painting all the walls and then we can get the main part of the furniture done" George said which I knew he was talking about our new house. "Well we still have anywhere from two to eight months until we can sign papers and take the two home" I told him.

I looked over at him when I stopped at a red light and quickly kissed his cheek, "I love you" I said to him which made him blush, "Love you" he said back to me now hiding in his hoodie. "Why do you still get so flustered over that" I asked him while smiling, "Cause it only feels right to say it back and I don't usually do that" he said.

"Well I'm glad I'm one of the first people" I said turning his face so he was now looking at me and kissed him. The kiss was short because I was driving and when we pulled away I saw that the light was green now.

When we got to the adoption center the lady took us into a room to take the test we've had to take the last few months. "So we've been looking at some stuff and we're thinking in three months that when the adoption can actually happen" she said.

I looked at George and he was smiling, "So does this mean we get the two" I asked her which she nodded her head. "You won't get the baby right away like with Kai, we need to give her one or two more shots before you can take her home" she said. We both nodded our heads once she was done talking, "Okay thank you so much for telling us that" I said to her which she nodded her head back to me as we all stood up.

"One more question, do you guys have rooms for the kids" she asked us, "We have a house and that we are currently repainting" George said back to her which she nodded her head. Would you be able to finish that up in the next three months" she asked which we both nodded our heads, "We have most of the house done already but we need to move furniture into the house and we need to know what Kai would like in his room" I told her.

"Okay well we can go get Kai so you three can hang out" the lady said as she lead us to where Kai usually was in when we came to see him.

When we sat down with him, he hurried over to us and gave both of us a hug which I found sweet, "Hey buddy can we ask you a few questions" I asked him and he nodded his head, "Okay, what's your favorite color" I asked him. "Green" he said which I smiled at.

"Okay so what is your favorite animal" I asked him, "I like lions" he said which I nodded my head back at him, "That's cool, I also like lions" I said to him which a huge smile fell onto his face when I said that. "That's really cool he said as he looked at George, What's your favorite animal and color" he asked George.

"I l the color blue and I would have to say that my favorite animal is cats" George said back to him which he nodded, "Why blue" he asked while tilting his head, "I'm colorblind and can't see any other color as well as blue, black, white and some shades of gray" he said back to Kai.

"Being colorblind seems a little weird" Kai said which I looked over at George and eh just sat there nodding his head back to Kai, "It is weird, I always knew some stuff was different about me but when I was your age I got told I was colorblind" George said back to him.

I knew that George had never really known what the real world looks like without being colorblind and I know that he played Minecraft with colorblind glasses on but that isn't the same thing as actually seeing the real world.

Once we had the house finished I was going to buy him colorblind glasses and take him to a flower field so he could see all the colors.

Words 769

Have a good day/ night

Make sure to drink water and to eat something!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!