5

"Can we invite Mr and Mrs Enzo to the dance floor, to present their first dance!" The M

"Can we invite Mr and Mrs Enzo to the dance floor, to present their first dance!" The M.C's voice boomed through the speakers, stopping the chatters that was previously heard in the hall. We had already gone through almost half of the program, only the dance and bouquet toss were left, I couldn't wait to get out of here.

Marcel stood up before me, stretching his hands out for me, I unwillingly took it. I followed him to the middle of the dance floor and we got in our positions, just like we had been thought during the wedding preparation classes. His hands went on my waist, and mine moved to his shoulder, hooking behind his neck.

I wasn't comfortable with the close proximity we were in, and the fact I could feel his breath fanning on my forehead. But just like these past 6 years, I couldn't do anything about it. I couldn't do anything about the disappearance of my parents, nothing about the abuse, nothing about the marriage, and nothing about me spending the rest of my life with him. I felt so helpless.

We danced to the rythym, he spinned me, I twirled, just like we had been taught. All my life, I've had to do what I've been taught, with no choice of my own.

It was time to switch partners, and then he let go of me, passing me on to someone. As soon as this person held my hands, I looked up, into his eyes. His green eyes caused me to cautiously take a step back, but his grip kept me in place.

"It's you." Was all I was able to mutter.

"Hey, fancy meeting you here." He smiled knowingly. "So you and my brother huhn? Who woulda thought." He laughed.

"Yeah, so he's your brother?" I asked stupidly. I was shocked, but I kind of saw it coming. While his parents and Kasie's spoke the other day, they mentioned Diego, it clicked the second I saw him today.

"Unfortunately." He laughed. "I really wish I could talk to you, but I know this is not the time." He said.

"Yeah." I nodded. "After the honeymoon then?" I asked.

"And to think I never saw you in school all these years." He said, a look on his face I didn't understand.

"It was intended. I didn't want to be seen." I replied.

His eyes flickered behind me, then they met mine again. "Seems like Romeo needs his Juliet." He said, spinning me. And then once again, I was in Marcel's arms. I searched around the crowd for him but he was no where to be seen.

After another minute of dancing, the song finally came to an end and I felt like I could finally breath. He let go of my waist and I backed away from him. Watching the many couples who gathered around us to dance.

"Okay everyone, let's welcome the bride's father for the last dance!" The M.C said. This was one part of the evening I wish I could skip. The middle of the dance floor had cleared up, people a distance away from us. He plastered a fake smile on his face as he walked up to me. He gripped my back -rather painfully- and I placed my left hand on his shoulder, while our right hands were joined mid air.