2

Everyone followed his line of sight and they all landed on me

Everyone followed his line of sight and they all landed on me. And never in my life had I needed the ground to open and swallow me like I did today.

Still, I couldn't seem to get myself to look away from those green eyes, it was like I was staring into an empty dark forest, I could get lost. Though his eyes looked familiar, and I tried to recall who I had seen with such striking eyes- then it hit me, the guy at school.

The guy that grabbed me, but this wasn't him. This guy standing feets away from me -who I know as Marcel- looked like an older version of that boy. I wonder if they knew eachother, the resemblance was striking. Starting from his eyes, then his black hair and his tall frame that towered over Kasie's 5'4 frame. His lips were pursed in a thin line and his jaw was clenched, making his jaw line even more prominent.

"Oh dear, aren't you a beauty. What's your name?" Mrs Enzo asked, helping me tear my gaze away from him - and I came to discover that she gushed over everyone. As everyone's attention was focused on me, I looked behind the guests, to find Mr. Andrews family glaring daggers at me. If looks could kill, I would probably be about 12 feets under.

I could literally see fume coming out of Kasie's nostrils. Before I could speak, Mr Andrew spoke. "That's She. Now dinner is ready, we wouldn't want it to get cold would we?" He put on a fake smile that Mr Enzo and his wife seemed to fall for.

Though before they walked with Mr Andrew, their faces were all contrasted in question, except Marcel, his expression was neutral. I was expecting their question, and as they spoke, they turned out to be no different from any other person.

"She?" Mr Enzo asked, casting a glance at my direction before his attention fell back on Mr Andrew.

He simply nodded. "That is her name, elegant isn't it?" His jaw was clenched and his tone was rid of any hint of pride. I noticed, and I seemed to be the only one who did.

"Well, let's go into the dinning room, if you'd please." Said Kasie as she plastered a smile on her face, gently guiding everyone into the dinning room.

No further questions were asked about me, and I couldn't have been more thankful. They all made small talk as they walked into the dinning room, with me trailing slowly behind them, in an attempt to become invisible. The clicking of heels against the marble floors could be heard till they all sat causing me to glance at my simple black flats.

Like Kasie said, "never wear heels. You shouldn't look taller than me." I was taller than her, most times, even when she wore heels.

I quietly sat at the seat nearest to me, and I placed my hands on my lap, fumbling with it as usual. I looked up, Kasie was seated in front of me, whispering something to Marcel -who was seated by her side. He looked almost bored and irritated.

I ignored them and tried to focus on something else, my gaze fell on the table, still admiring the food laid before me. The maids were serving everyone according to what they requested for, considering Pedro prepared some of his specials which I'm sure will awe these prestigious guests -or family friends as far as I know, these are family friends, as I had never seen them before.