chapter 13

New chapter! After a year! I'll be finishing this quick. Keep voting y'all! 

 Keep voting y'all! 

[Daniel's P.O.V]

"Daniel, why don't you stay for dinner? A little celebration for Kayden? I'm sure you missed each other." Mrs. Meyers asked, holding a baked Shepherds' pie in her hands. "It's been a while since you've stayed here. I'm sure your parents won't mind."

Honestly, I really didn't want to stay. I don't wanna be in the same room as Kayden right now...

I'm not angry, I just feel weird.

He had been gone for so long and I don't even know where to begin. The feelings in my chest were all over the place and I don't know how I'm gonna process all of it. I just want inner peace more than ever right now. Even Jayden's presence doesn't help at all.

I eyed Kayden who was staring at the floor the whole time, neither him nor Jayden haven't spoken a word. Both of them were just awkwardly sitting at the couch, pretending to be distracted by something else. I'm sure Mrs. Meyers was expecting a warm welcome for Kayden but...

He didn't call nor check up on us six months after he left...

Jayden and I have been accustomed to that ever since...

"Come on, I insist. I got your parents' consent." Mrs. Meyers gave me a warm smile, something that tells me she will not take no for an answer. "Boys, come to the dining room, dinner's ready!" She raised her voice, calling out the brothers.

Both of them entered the room at the same time and honestly it felt so weird seeing them both together again... now that we're all grown. Both of them are at the same height except Jayden's hair is longer, giving him a messy fringe but very handsome look while Kayden's hair is more cleaner and sleeker that oozes boy next door vibes.

I sighed. This feels so weird.

I made sure to sit down next to their mom as I don't want to be near both of them for the meantime. Not now that Jayden and I were in the process of progressing our relationship deeper than just being friends.

Something that Kayden and I both shared in the past but was never acknowledged.

It's a childhood crush. Puppy love as they call it.

But it scarred me and it shaped me to become like this, a person with walls higher than he can climb.

The three of us fell silent at the table and their mom definitely noticed this. "Why do you guys look like you've all seen a ghost?" She asks, passing us our plates.

"Forgive Jayden, aunt Jackie, he's tired from school." I answered, covering up for Jayden. God knows what's running in his head right now, now that his twin brother is back in town. I wouldn't trust his own mouth if I were him.