chapter 4

{A/N:}

You know, I'm starting to be actually glad that I had the opportunity to re-write this because it gives me a chance to give the characters more depth and deeper and more realistic personality. I really wanted to emphasize Daniel's hunger for freedom and how difficult it is to be in the closet which I know most of you can relate.

I remember when I used to be in the closet. It all gets better guys... just hold on to it. You may be reading this book or other boyxboy books in secret (just like how I used to be) but in time, you will be able to face the fear and be your true self.

Love y'all, Caspar

[Daniel's P.O.V]   

"So what's your plan now?" Jayden asked, dribbling the basketball in his hand.

"Actually... I haven't thought about anything yet. I just really want to come out and not spend the rest of my senior days in the closet." I said, wiping the sweat off my arms. It was a good tune up.

"Well are you planning to tell the whole team?" He asked. Something tells me that he's been worrying about this stuff for a little while.

"No." I shook my head, stealing the ball from his hands.

"Uhh...why?" He asked as he tried to attempt to steal it back from me. His arms are so huge and muscular that he hovered on me like a wrestler but I was also fast so I dodge him and managed to yank the ball away from his direction.

Okay, definitely not checking him out.

"Because their opinions don't matter. I know what they'll react to so it's pointless. Just another headache."

"But what if they find out?" He asked, completely concerned about how people will perceive me at school when in fact, I couldn't give two shits about what they think. The only opinion that matters is Jayden. If he's okay with me being gay, then everything's gonna be fine.

Unless...

He's worried about his own image and how people will perceive him hanging out with a gay guy.

"If you're concerned about what people might think of you while you keep hanging out with me, we can stop hanging out in public." I muttered, completely not thinking through what I just blurted out.

He squinted at me and placed a hand on his waist. "And you tell me I'm stupid." He rolled his eyes. "Do you really think I'll leave my best friend behind? Stupid." He chuckled.

"Well... sooner or later people will find out. And people like to gossip. What if they think we're an item or something?" I asked, my concerns starting to shift on his own reputation. Shit. I don't want people talking shit behind his back just because of my own selfish doings. He's the kindest person and just the thought of people bad mouthing him crushes my soul.