chapter 15

[Jayden's P

[Jayden's P.O.V]

I was awakened by a loud thud that seems to be coming from downstairs. Rubbing my eyes and groaning from annoyance, I check my phone for the time.

Welp, late again, nothing new.

I didn't even stay up that late. I was in too deep with Daniel's presence.

Ahhh Daniel. What a dream, that guy. If you tell me three weeks ago that him and I would have been a thing, I might've straight up punched you. But now? Damn, I want all of him, all day everyday. I want to nuzzle my nose on his neck and feel his embrace as I do it, I'm definitely crushing over him.

Look at me, being mushy in the morning.

That's what usually happens when you wake up with the love of your life.

But now that I'm finally getting a sense of my surroundings, I realized that he's not here!

Where did that smartass go?! He didn't wake me up and then left me alone by myself?!

A pang of disappointment filled my chest, I was hoping that I would wake up next to him, with him in my arms. Yes, cheesy, I know.

But I was still looking forward to it, regardless. I don't care what you think, creep.

Grunting, I head towards the washroom to refresh my memory as I recall if Daniel actually woke me up. But he never did and just disappeared like the ninja that he is.

A loud thud emerges again and this time I decided to meddle with the commotion downstairs.

"Yo! Someone calm down with the noise, it's seven in the morning, Jesus!" I yelled from my room, brushing my teeth vigorously so that I can hunt down Daniel and confront him for leaving me behind.

"Jayden! What did I tell you about not using the Lord's name in vain?!" Mom yells from the other side of the house.

I cursed under my breath and ignored her. It's unlikely for her to make so much noise this time of the morning, so it must be Kayden who's making so much noise.

I decided to head straight downstairs and what welcomed me was the smell of eggs and bacon laid out across the table with Kayden wearing that stupid smile on his face. Geez, someone's in a good mood.

Well I'm not.

"Are people this noisy in Canada?" I grimace, heading towards the sink to drink water.

"Are people this grumpy in America?" Kayden jokes, flipping his bacon and eggs. It smells so good, it has been awhile since I had a decent breakfast. My mom usually leaves early in the mornings and is gone for days and all I have with me is Daniel.

Now, I can't believe Kayden's back here again. I mean, don't get me wrong, it's still kind of awkward since this is the first time again that we saw each other after a while and it's also kind of weird that he looks so identical to me. I'm not used to it, it's like someone cloned me or something.