chapter 9

Vote for Peter. Because he's my precious boi.

Y'all, if this book really gets popular again, a Peter sequel will be back.

[Daniel's P

[Daniel's P.O.V

Jayden looked so bothered lately. Especially whenever I get near him and speak to him or whenever I touch him. Every time I try to do something, he will start flinching and start giving me weird looks and to be quite honest it's pissing me off.

He won't tell me what his problems are and it is making me feel useless.

What is it that's bothering him so much that he can't tell his best friend? Is it because of my sexuality? That's why he can't tell me? You're repulsed by my identity that you don't think I'm capable of handling your problems? God, Jayden, what is it?

I don't want to beat myself up from overthinking so I decided that staying away from him for a while would help the both of us. If it's space he's asking for then I'll gladly give it to him. I'm still pretty sensitive about him being so elusive towards me because I care about his perception towards me.

A part of me will always want to please him, even though it's me whom I should be pleasing. But maybe it's because I care too much for him that whatever it is that brings a smile to his face, brings a smile to mine as well.

Daniel. Stop thinking about him.

Now I'm really starting to feel like it's because I'm gay; that's why he can't tell me.

I walked away from him as I observed him mingle with a blonde girl. I guess he really needs space. I wonder why he had been sticking with me for so long? He doesn't need to go that far and quit the basketball team as well. I mean, I can pretty much handle myself but I didn't expect him to tag along with me.

Look at him. He looked so damn attractive with a girl dangling in his arms.

Now why did that make me feel uncomfortable all of the sudden?

I need a drink.

"So, I want you guys to just mingle and you know, maybe romantic relationship buds, that or STDs. Ha!" Jeff laughs, dragging his attractive friend from a different school closer to me.

By the looks of it, I think he had been watching me for a while now. He looks beautiful. Jeff really has connections from different places. "Now, now Max. I want you to be nice. Daniel's a little new and just came out of his little closet. Don't bite so easily okay?"

Max in return, shifts his attention to me and winks, a smile making its way to his face.

Damn, this guy is gorgeous. Those teeth are a killer.

"Hey." He said, holding a bottle of beer in his hand.

I smiled in return. Shrugging Jayden off my head for a while. We need a break from each other because I feel like I'm suffocating him with all my shenanigans in life.