Chapter 13

Lin and Chris had taken a nap after what to be embracing their feelings. (I knew it). They got up after the car started, at least they picked their head up in acknowledgement. Dreke gazes out and I assume he's admiring the sun set as I was doing. The sky was a perfect pinkish orange and the tides were soft. It was so beautiful we all had to just take it in...
Dreke was that first one to snap out of it. "Well, who wants to go for a walk?"
Lin was excited and I knew because she was moving her foot so fast that she made my seat vibrate. Dreke got out the car and opened my door and I got out.
Lin jumped out the car and looked at Chris. "You coming or what?"
Chris looked at her and smiled.
"What?" Lin started to blush a little thinking it was her. Chris got out the car and grabbed her hand. He faced her and then leaned into her ear. That's when Lin turned bright red. Then he whispered in her ear. "That's what she said." Lin let out a frustrated groan and pushed Chris who was laughing at her anger. She stormed down the sand hill we walked down. He slowly followed her.

"Hey what happened?"
"Chris is an ass as usual." Lin walked near the water a few feet ahead of us. She crossed her arms and pouted. A few minutes later she started to smile and looked back at Chris. He was sitting in the sand picking up shells.
"You know he's not that bad and you liked him for awhile now."
She lowers her eyebrows at me and looks at my hand which is tangled in Dreke's. "No I didn't"
"Don't lie, you did." Dreke looks at Lin with shock but doesn't say anything. he knows better than to get in between our conversation.
Lin kicks the sand. "okay, maybe I liked him a little. He's just...immature sometimes."
"Like you aren't?" I raised my eyebrow at her.
"Shut up." she punches my arm and walks towards Chris.

"That's my girl." I laugh and look at Dreke as he admires the ocean view. It was peaceful, the ocean breeze blowing through our hair and sand in between our toes. I leaned into him and put my head on his chest.
"This is nice..."
"Yeah, it's so beautiful. The sky is perfect and so is the temperature. Nice and comfy, right?" I looked up at him.
"I wasn't talking about the beach." he looked down at me and kissed my forehead. "you wanna sit?" I nodded, what more could I do. This kid had my heart on a chokehold. He sat in the sand first and gestured for me to sit beside him. I took back my position before and laid my head on his chest. Dreke put his arm around me and we took a deep breathe. This. was. nice.

"Hey..." Lin walked up to Chris who was still sitting.
"Hey." Chris looked up at her and smiled.
"What are you doing?"
"I'm picking shells." Lin sat down next to Chris and looked at the shells he had in his hands.
"Why are they only white?" Chris put his pointer finger up at Lin to gesture for her to give him a minute. He searched the sand and picked up a small white she'll and added it with the rest of the shells he had in his hand.
"Wanna see a magic trick?" Chris looked Lin in the eyes and held the shells with both hands cupped.
"Um, sure?"
"Close your eyes."
"Why?..."
Chris huffed. "Aw.You don't trust me?"
Lin rolled her eyes. "whatever."
Chris smiled and put the shells in one cupped hand. Then covered them with the other.
"How am I suppose to 'see' the magic trick if I have my eyes closed?"
"Okay, then open them."
Lin opened her eyes annoyed at Chris.
"Open my hand."
"What?"
"Open my hand Lin."
She hesitated, but she slowly opened his hand to find the shells he gathered as a necklace. She covered her mouth with her hands as if he had proposed.
"Holy shit... Chris it's beautiful. how did you-"
"I was a jerk before I know. And I can be a total ass but one thing is for sure."Chris put the necklace around Lin's neck."I like you, and you're stuck with me." He gave Lin a side smile and opened his arms.
"you're an idiot" she embraced him and squeezed him. "but you're my idiot."