Chapter 8

Alpha was in all black. A black hoodie with black jeans and black All Stars. He had his head down when he came out from the shadows. If you didn't know him, you would think he was something surely frightful. I stood up and gave him a hug while everyone else stayed by the swings. It's funny... When we started the meetings, Dreke and I were always more affectionate with our greetings.
I gave him a light hug and looked up at him."are you ok? How have you been?" He's a foot taller than me so I have to look up at him.
"I'm fine. I have some important news though." He held my arms and looked me in the eyes. I always got a slight distracted when he talked to me because he always looks me in the eye. Even though his eyes are the same color as mine, they just have a uniqueness to them. His strong chiseled face... why would you hide it?
He reminds me of Derek from Teen Wolf. Come to think of it he looks just like Derek. guess that's the irony of his name... Dreke. whoops! Daydreaming..
"Ok." I walked away a bit embarrassed by my hesitation due to my daydreaming. Lin was giving me that look. She was wiggling her eyebrows at me when I stood next to her. she nudged me with we elbow and winked at me. I looked up at her fighting the warmth in my cheeks.
"Glad everyone made it. We have a serious situation." I gave Dreke a worried look.
"What is it?"
"It's ok, relax." I stopped tensing and we all focused on Alpha. "We need to go to Florida. We have a situation down there. We can train while we are there. But we need to go soon." We were all stunned. But I was the only one to be getting a grip on things.
"How soon?"
"Tomorrow." At this point our jaws were on the floor. Lin was practically drooling.
"TOMORROW?!" We all shouted at him in unison.
"Woohoo!!! Vacation! Vacation! Va-ca-tion!" Lin was singing and leaping with Chris at her side.
"Lin, no..." I scolded Lin a bit. this was serious, if we were going out... that meant trouble with our close packs in different areas. Usually they come to us but I guess it's serious.
"But, but... vacation." Lin was giving me puppy eyes.
"Lin, it's not a vacation. Its a mission. You haven't been here for awhile so I suggest you listen." Lin calms down and sits on the swing. Shes not a fan of being scolded but when Alpha lays down the rules, she obeys. "We will meet here and leave early in the morning." Everything sounded great... but one problem. My mom.
"Um, yeah sounds like a plan. but how are we going to do this when none of us have a solid license yet. Not only that, but I need permission to go out like that." I looked around and Chris,Sam, and Lin looked irritated with me.
"I don't know about you guys but I just grab my stuff and sneak out the house." Lin smiled and posed. Lin never got along with her family. She hated being in the house an with her family being mortal, they don't dare to challenge her. They're scared of her and try to prison her in the house.
"Well, you know how mom is Lin."
Lin nodded her head at me. Dreke thought for a bit and put his hand on my shoulder.
"Don't worry T, I'll take care of it."
With that Chris leaped up for joy. And Chris and Lin linked arms. They started singing and screaming again.
"Woo! Let's go!" Chris was super excited. Dreke's hand was still on my shoulder and the group was ahead of us. Sam was far in the lead. Chris and Lin noticed we were far behind and looked back at us.
"Go ahead, we'll catch up. I have to talk to Tianna about something." They looked at each other, smiled and then shrugged it off as they skipped towards the exit. Then I realized what he said...
Oh my gosh! Mentally freaking out! We are alone... and he wants to talk to me in private!
"Tianna..." That's the first time he said my full name! "I wanted to ask you something."
"So...what's on your mind?" It's weird, Dreke looked calm but his eyes. his eyes were giving away his nerousness.
"You know, we've know each other for a while and..."
"Yeah..." I got closer to Dreke.
"And...im heading to your house to persuade your mom about the trip so..."
"Ok? And?" Dreke took his hand and put it behind his head. He looked down at the ground for a bit. Until he suddenly looked me in the eyes and grave my hand. I felt my face getting hot. he tangle his fingers into mine making my hand warm.
"So, yeah."
"So...does this mean-" Dreke held me against him still holding my hand. he put his nose against mine.
"Yeah" internally I was screaming like a fangirl. even though my cheeks were as hot as ever, I was still calm. "we should get going, the group will get worried." He flashed a side smile at me and I felt my heart skip a beat. He was still holding my hand!