Chapter 6

I walked home by myself; it was a good thing that it was the afternoon where it was safe to walk alone. I went to my room and started to read, when I heard my phone ring. as I suspected, it was Lin. I answered the phone calmly.
"Hello?" I waited for a response as I put a bookmark in my book. All I got was a hesitation and a sheepish reply from the other end of the phone.
"Hi..."
"Hey Lin, what's up?" I held my phone with my shoulder and put away my book.
"Uh, hey... I wanted to say sorry for overreacting. It just reminded me of my past relationship. You know?"
"I should know, I was there to support you. You remember that? Look, I was too harsh on you. You just threw me off with the whole 'Chris' thing." She was silent for a minute, processing the words.
"Yeah..."
"I didn't get to tell you that Alpha texted me and we have a meeting tomorrow night."
"Oh really?" Her voice was lively again.
"Yep." I looked around my room and got up to look out my window.
"So he texts you... interesting." I rolled my eyes but I felt my face get hit at her assumption. I cleared my throat.
"Yeah, he does. Look, I have to read my summer book and you should too."
"Uh huh... Avoiding the subject. Anyway, how do you know I haven't already?"
"Because you are allergic to books." we both started laughing.
"Bye Tianna."
"See you at the meeting Lin.@ she hung up and I looked out the window and let out a sigh of relief.
That was close. I looked out the window and smiled. Guess that's why I was so defensive. But... maybe all I'll ever be to him is his little Beta. I frowned and watched the cars go by.