The Big Bad Wolf

I wasn't going to tell him my feelings. It would ruin my reputation. I was known for being heartless, and I liked it that way. I couldn't ruin that. Not yet anyway.  I left him out on the terrace, and walked into the guest room where I was staying. I locked the door as I went in and sat on my bed. I started thinking when Alice knocked on the door. "Raven? Are you ok?" she asked with a worried tone. I got up and unlocked the door. She came in and sat on the bed. "I'm fine, i guess." "whats the matter?" she asked. "Nothing." "Don't lie, I know when you're lying. Wolven Telepathy, remeber." Thats what I didn't like about Alice, she always pryed, but in a way it was comforting. "Skye told me he liked me, and I didn't know how to react, so I left him on the terrace." "I know. I was evesdropping." "Sounds like you." I said blandly. "So, do you like him back?" "Of course, but I can't tell him that. I certainly can't date him either." "Why not?" "Because I haven't had a relationship in three years and besides, it would ruin my rep." "Don't worry about your rep. If you love someone that shouldn't matter." :I know, but..." "No buts. Go talk to him." "No!" I wanted to fight her, but I couldn't she was stronger in her wolf form. Even with my vamp strength I couldn't beat her. She pushed me out the door and into Skye's room. As she left I glared at her and turned to Skye. He looked upset, and it made me feel really bad. "Hi." I sad awkwardly. "Hello Raven." "Please don't be like that Skye." "Be like what?" He asked. "You know what I mean. I'm sorry about what happened on the terrace. It was just unexpected." He looked at me and my heart shattered. There were tears forming in his eyes and his face was so sad. I couldn't help myself. It just slipped. "I like you a lot Skye." I blurted it before I had time to think and the look of shock was on his face. I covered my mouth with my hands and ran out of the room. I locked the door when I was back in my room and screamed into my pillow.

        I stayed in there the rest of the day. I didn't eat, and I didn't even think about opening the door. That night Alice knocked on my door. I didn't get up but she got in and closed the door behind her. "Raven, eat something. You haven't eaten since this morning. "I'm not hungry." "Tes you are. Please come out and sit with us." "No I want to be alone. "You've been alone all day. Come out." i sighed and agreed to come out of my room.  I sat on the couch and ate some steak, which had been cooked medium rare, and talked with Alice. Skye didn't say anythin, but he kept looking at me. I pretended not to notice and continued my conversation about speed changing. Thats when my ears picked up the sound. It was already to late though, the window busted and glass cut me everywhere. I howled in pain and started to change. Alice was already finished changing and was hiding in the shadows. She was black with blue eyes. She was beautiful. I was a mutant wolven. I was pure white with orange glowing eyes. It sent most people away from me and I didn't have very many friends because of it. I looked over at Skye to see him starring at me. I knew what he was thinking. I knew I was hideous. Thats when I saw who came through the window. Hunters. I jumped and clawed one in the face as Alice took out the other two with teeth to their throats. The one I was standing on was definetly dead and I was pretty sure the two Alice had attacked were also dead. I had blood on my paws and lips from biting the hunter. I knew Skye was looking at me and I knew what he was thinking. I was amonster and I didn't care.When we shifted back I glared at him. "Why didn't you help?" He just starred at the ground and didn't answer. I grunted in my half form and went back to my room. Alice followed me and yelled at me. "What the hell were they doing here?" "How the fuck should I know?" I started paking my stuff. "What are you doing?" "I'm leaving!" "No you're not! There are more hunters and you can't leave until tomorrow anyway. I sighed and stopped paking my stuff. "I know, but I have to fix this. It isn't right." "I know it isn't but let us come \with you. "No, you'll get hurt." "And you'll get hurt without us." She said."Fine I said" I stood up and instantly dropped to the ground. I had a deep gash in my leg "Whats wrong?" Alice asked. "Stab wound is all." Skye was lingering in the door way , but when I said that he came in and picked me up. He took me into his bedroom and shut the door. "What are you doing?" He said nothing and grabbed a first aid kit out of his closet. He lifted up my pant leg and wrapped the wound in cotton cloth and tape.  We sat there for a while not saying anything, then he said, "To answer your question, I didn't change because I can't." Shock ran through my body. "What? Why not?" "I never learned and it never came to me." I stared at him as he spoke. He was beautiful. Like a super model. When he finished talking he starred back at me. He leaned in closer and kissed me. It felt like I was in heaven and I didn't stop him. I just let him kiss me. When he pulled back I was shocked and I could feel butterflies in my stomach. It was unexpected and I didn't care about my reputation anymore. I just wanted to be with him always. "Umm... Sorry."there was a nerous crack in his voices. "It's ok." I knew my face was red, but I didn't care.I left his room and went back to my own. I wished he hadn't seen my mutant wolf form, but I guess thats the way the world works. The rest of the night Alice, Skye, and I planeed our trip to Las Vegas. We had to talk to the leaders about changing the rules. There wasn't anything wrong with most of us and it wasn't dair that we were being hunted.