7: Trying Not To Do That

"Lisa, could you help me with this?" Jisoo called from the kitchen, as Lisa walked in through the front door on Friday.

"Uh what?" Lisa called, closing the door behind her and starting into the kitchen through the dining area. As she entered the room, she saw smashed glass all over the floor, along with a lot of spilled almond milk. "Shit. What happened?"

"Let's just say I should not be allowed to multitask," Jisoo muttered.

"This looks like more than one glass of spilled milk," Lisa commented, glancing at Jisoo's feet to make sure that she was wearing shoes.

"Yeah, it's like... half of the half gallon that was in the fridge."

"Damn," Lisa said, setting her purse down on the dining room table. "Okay, there's some spare towels in the laundry room, right? I'm go grab some."

"Grab the broom too please," Jisoo requested.

Lisa ran upstairs to grab the supplies and then went back to the kitchen, handing the towels to Jisoo and then starting to sweep up the glass.

"God, I'm so stupid," Jisoo muttered. "I was also supposed to be in an Uber like, twenty minutes ago."

"I didn't see one waiting outside," Lisa said, confused.

"No, I mean like, I haven't even called it yet, but I was supposed to be gone like twenty minutes ago. My freaking parents are in town and I'm supposed to be meeting them for dinner. And I was going to ask to borrow Chaeyoung's car, but she texted and said she's going to be at Mino's tonight, and who the fuck knows where Jennie is," Jisoo muttered.

Lisa furrowed her eyebrows as she continued to sweep up the glass, and Jisoo began to carefully wipe some of the milk with the towels. "Jennie doesn't have class this late on Fridays, right?"

"No, I don't know where she is," Jisoo answered with a sigh. "She's been kind of weird this week, have you noticed? I feel like she hasn't been around much."

"I hadn't noticed," Lisa murmured.

That was a lie, though, because Lisa had definitely noticed. Aside from the mornings when Jennie would briefly see Lisa after her run when Lisa was about to head to work, the two had crossed paths maybe two or three other times. Considering the fact that they shared a bathroom, it was weirdly impressive how much they seemed to miss each other. Lisa was starting to think that it actually was intentional, and she had been pretty bummed about it. It'd actually made her start to consider Seulgi's suggestion of trying to hook up with someone else, but then she would realize the effort she'd have to put in to find someone to hook up with and decide again that it wasn't worth it.

Regardless, it was rather disappointing to not see much of Jennie for almost a week straight.

"Well," Jisoo was saying, "I'm a little worried about her, she's been all over the place lately. Unfortunately, though, I'm gonna have to think more about it at a later point, because if I don't get out of here soon, I'm actually going to be in deep shit."

"Here, help me get this glass in the garbage, and then I'll clean up the milk while you call an Uber," Lisa said. Jisoo gave her a grateful look as she grabbed the trashcan and held it closer to Lisa so she could dump the dustpan full of glass into the bag.

"Lisa, you are literally a lifesaver."

Lisa chuckled, started to wipe up the milk as Jisoo grabbed her phone and started to book an Uber. She then quickly ran to her room, and when she came out, she looked a little less frazzled, and Lisa had finished wiping up the floor with some cleaner. "There, good as new."