19: Hopeless Romantic

Lisa woke up to the feeling of lips on her neck, and she hummed contentedly as she curled toward the woman next to her, feeling their bare skin brush against each other as an arm slid around her protectively. "Good morning," Jennie husked quietly near her ear, and Lisa smiled a little.

"Morning," she murmured back, "what time is it?"

"I don't know," Jennie answered, her lips back on Lisa's neck and sucking on her skin softly. Lisa moaned a little as teeth brushed against her. "What time do your friends usually wake up?"

"Dunno," Lisa admitted, "depends on what their plans for the day are." Jennie trailed her lips lower, across Lisa's collarbone and then down to her boobs, sucking a nipple into her mouth. Lisa finally forced her eyes open and looked down at the mess of dark hair below her, and those beautiful lips wrapped around her nipple. "I think I like waking up like this."

Jennie smiled as she released Lisa's nipple with a slight pop, before stretching back out and propping herself up on one arm. "Me too." Jennie looked so relaxed and laid back that Lisa never would've guessed that she had ever had apprehensions about a relationship between the two of them. The way she was looking at Lisa, you'd think there was nothing in the world that could keep her away. It made Lisa's heart warm, not to mention her cheeks. She hoped that her blush wasn't too obvious.

"I guess we should get up soon, though," Lisa said quietly, watching as Jennie's smile turned into a frown before she dramatically fell back onto the pillow.

"Or not."

"Seulgi had said maybe the guys and I should meet her for dinner while they're in town. Maybe we can do tonight, and you can join us."

Jennie turned her head back to look at Lisa, looking exasperated suddenly. "God, Seulgi must hate me. You told her I was going to her Friendsgiving, and then I didn't. No doubt that you'd filled her in."

Lisa sighed. "Jennie... it's fine. I told her a little bit, yeah, but... it doesn't matter. And probably the sooner you two hang out, the sooner you'll realize that it's all fine. She just wants me to be happy." Jennie blew out a breath. "Come on, it'll be fun. We can show Lucas and Bambam around the city and then meet up with Seulgi for dinner."

"Okay," Jennie agreed, "but only if we can spend a few more minutes in bed."

A smile hinted at Lisa's lips. "I guess that's doable."

•••

"Hey, girl!" Seulgi greeted after Lisa's phone had rung for a few seconds. She was seated in the living room, having just finished a bowl of cereal, while her two best friends were shoveling some food down as well. Jennie had chosen to take the bathroom last, so she was still upstairs getting ready. "What's up?"

"Hey, I was thinking of taking you up on dinner tonight," Lisa said, "with Lucas and Bambam. We're going to explore the city a bit today, thought it'd be fun to meet up for dinner."

"Hell yeah, I have a bunch of recommendations of places you probably haven't been to, also. I can send you a list and you guys can pick."

"Cool. Oh—also..." Lisa glanced at her friends quickly before looking up at the ceiling as she asked Seulgi, "Is it cool if Jennie comes too?"

"Oh—you two are back on?" Seulgi asked in surprise. "I thought you were worried things weren't going to work out since she wasn't talking to you."

"Well," Lisa said, a small smile playing on her face, "she and I talked again yesterday, and she got there. So."

"Got there? To the point of naming your relationship?" Seulgi asked, sounding surprisingly excited for Lisa.

"Yeah," Lisa answered with a smile that she couldn't even try to hide.