Chapter 12

Phoenix POV:

We got to the airport, I wasn't ready for it, but then again, who's ever ready to leave everything that ever made them genuinely happy? We got out of the car, and I grabbed my backpack with all of my important and essential stuff, mostly clothes, but also some of my favorite drawings, my VR headset, a laptop, my skateboard, and some flash drives with all of my gaming footage.

We went inside the airport, got our tickets, and sat down, dreading the moment when our plane would be coming.

Eddie POV:

Gaege and I were driving to the airport to bring Phoenix back, I wasn't letting them leave us. They admitted to us that Gaege, I, and the others were pretty much the only friends they've ever had, and I wasn't gonna let them lose that. We pulled up to the airport and I texted Phoenix.

Eddie: We're here.

Smol Bean: Ok, I'll find a way out.

Phoenix POV:

Eddie texted me that he was here, and I knew I had to get out of there. "Mom, Dad, just so you know, Going back to California, whether Cora's a threat or not, won't make me happy, staying here will." I said. "Which is why..." I said and paused, I grabbed my skateboard from my bag. "I'll be needing THIS!" I yelled and skateboarded out of there, hearing my parents yelling for me to come back. I just kept going on my skateboard, dodging people left and right, until I got back to the entrance.

Gaege POV:

We saw Phoenix riding out of the airport on a skateboard. Eddie honked to get their attention. They saw us and went to our car. They got in, and shut the door behind them, then Eddie drove us out of there in a hurry.

"Thank you guys so much! I knew you wouldn't give up on me!" Phoenix said. "Hey, no problem." Eddie said. "Yeah, I mean, sure, Cora might be insane, but her being a threat to you, or going after us isn't a reason to go back to California." I said. "Um... Gaege... There's something about Cora I need to tell you about." Phoenix said. "Huh? What's up?" I asked. "So, you know how I said Cora threatened me with a knife once, right?" They asked me. "Yeah, what about that?" I asked them. They slightly lifted their shirt up revealing a long scar on their stomach. "Phoenix! Did she do this to you!?" They nodded sadly. I took their hand in mine. "Phoenix, we're gonna get Cora arrested for what she did to you, and the others, I don't care what it takes." I told them. "Th-Thank you Gaege." They said. "Hey, no problem, we'll get her taken care of." I said, and Eddie kept driving.

Phoenix POV:

Gaege told me we were gonna get rid of Cora, once, and for all. Suddenly, my mom started blowing up my phone.

Mom: Phoenix! Honey! Where are you?!

Mom: Phoenix! Our plane's here! We have to go!

Mom: Please answer us! We can't find you! And we're about to call security!

Mom: We just called the police! Please stay where you are! We'll come get you honey! I love you!

Phoenix: Mom, I'm sorry for worrying you, but I'm not getting on the plane, I'm safe, please call it off, ok? I love you both.

I responded to my mom's texts and Sat back and felt excited about seeing my favorite people again.

*meanwhile*

Josh POV:

Eddie and Gaege left to go get Phoenix back. We all had hope that they would get them. Oh, and on an irrelevant note, I still need to ask Kristy out sometime. Not now though, I mean, with everything going on... Now's not the best time. Speaking of Kristy, she's been holding onto my arm earlier crying about Phoenix leaving, but now she's calmed down and just enjoying my company. I think Mully is right. She might actually like me back, I mean, out of all people she could have cried to, or felt the happiest around, it was always me. She... She might actually... Love me.