2 - We Gon' Burn the Whole House Down

Ash's POV

" -is our good friend, and they are nonbinary, SO IF YOU DARE FUCKING MISGENDER THEM OR BE MEAN TO THEM THEN YOU WILL BE FUCKING BANNED. THEIR PRONOUNS ARE THEY/THEM SO FUCKING RESPECT THEM. Thank you!" I opened Tommy's stream before joining Discord, and was pleasantly surprised with Tommy introducing me to his chat. It's nice to see someone still cares.

Tommy, Tubbo, and I started playing Minecraft on one of our vanilla survival words. Tubbo and I had a huge house, and Tommy had a tower made out of only plain oak planks.

"WHAT!" I heard Tommy call into the rest of his house. "No- sorry! I can't! Mom-  No, Mom, I'm live! I'm streaming! I'll get the laundry later! Mom- OK, coming!"

"Tommy, the fuck?" I responded to his seemingly random outburst, laughing the entire time, his mom had incredible timing.

"I- I have to go... entertain my chat!" Tommy then muted himself and rushed off to get his laundry.

"Omg. Tubbo, he keeps ditching you, my man."

"No he doesn't, he just does his best to  help everyone he can out. It's not his fault he cares about people, even if he has a weird way of showing it." His voice held that same tone of light joy that it usually did.

"Shit, Tubbo, stop being so wholesome and seeing the best in people." I was glad when this earned a laugh from him "Anyway, let's burn down his house."

"What? No! We can't do that! That's mean! What if he Burns down our house! We've spent so much time on this! And my greenhouse is almost done!"

"Tubbo, Tubbo, Tubbo, this isn't my first arson. He shouldn't have only used wood like a poor commoner! Plus I can give myself barrier blocks to block off our house for the time being. It will all be fine, but I'll make a backup of the world save if it makes you feel better."

"Yes, please do that, I don't want Tommy to be too upset."

"Ight, give me a sec, do you have flint and steel?" I asked, while making a new backup and making sure I remembered how to reset back to it (AN: this is something my brother has done irl but i don't know how it works), as well as blocking off Tubbo's and my house with barrier blocks. 

"Yea, I have one."

"Ammature, I have five."

"Why on earth do you have five flint and steel?"

"I had some iron, I had some flint, I forgot my finger was on the shift key, I don't wanna talk about it." He laughed a bit and we started burning down Tommy's tower. Subconsciously, I started humming.

"way up way up we go, been up and down that road. way up way up oh no, we gon' burn the whole house down." I sang quietly, unaware of how clearly Tubbo and Tommy's chat cold hear me.

"Ash? Was that you?"

"Huh? Oh, um, haha, uh- ignore me." I was incredibly embarrassed, I've always loved music, and even written a few of my own songs, but the only one who has ever heard me sing was my sister, Max.

"No, that was really good, Ash! No need to be embarrassed!"

"I- um, ok... just keep burning this stupid thing..." I glanced over to Tommy's chat, as I still had his stream open on my second monitor, and saw many people agreeing with Tubbo, I could feel my face heat up at the compliments passing over my screen.

Once we were finished only a few blocks stayed standing in the sky, and then Tommy returned.

"WHAT IS UP?! BIG MAN TOMMYINNIT IS BACK! Now, wha-" He went silent after what I could only assume was him seeing the area where his tower used to be. "wh- WHAT THE FUCK! Oh, I swear, I swear! WHAT DID YOU DO TO MY TOWER O'VE POWER!" By now Tubbo and I were crying with laughter.

"YOU SWEAR WHAT, BITCH BOY? WHAT ARE YOU GONNA DO!" I normally didn't yell, I was worried about bothering my family, but I was the only one how now, so all hell could break loose, and that coupled with his nickname got him to start laughing and shut up for a minute to collect himself. I got closer to my mic and spoke in a errier voice "If you didn't want your tower to burn to the fucking ground, you shouldn't have made it out of wood on a server where someone with an affinity for fire holds the most power. I burned your tower to ashes, Tommy, and it. Was. Fun." I looked over at Tommy's stream, still open on my other screen, and I see a glorious sight. Tommy was speechless, not that awkward laughing and looking around that he does, but he was shocked, not moving, mouth open and just staring at his screen. 

After a few seconds of  complete silence, "Oh, and Tubbo helped as well, I guess." At this all three of us burst out laughing, and I realised in that moment just how grateful I was to have friends like these, who needs good parents when I've got two teenage minecraft streamers who live on a different continent to take care of me?

884 Words