Chapter 16

I groan, my head was pounding. I'm going to throw up. I place my hands over my mouth and breath deeply through my nose. When the nausea passes I bury my head in the pillow with a grunt.

My stomach was warm and fuzzy, I look down to see an arm swung over me and a large hand resting on my belly. I follow the arm with my eyes, it leads me to a chest. Craning my neck I look at their face. It was Jared. F*ck! Did we mate? Panic rushes through me but it is quickly over powered with content. I purr at the thought. Damn I wish I could have remembered it. I roll over and snuggle my head in between his shoulder and neck. I sigh feeling the tingles explode where our skin touches. The voice in my head, the one I had been listening to since I first met him told me to pull away and sneak out, but I was too comfy and to be honest I guess I didn't want to move. He was made for me as I was for him. His arm tightens around me and he buries his face in the crook of my neck.

"Mine." He whispers and places a kiss on my mark. I shiver and try to hold in my moan. I feel his smile against my skin and he kisses it again. This time I can't keep it in and I moan softly. He trails his nose up my neck to my jaw. "Good morning my gorgeous angel." I smile and wrap my arms around his neck. I lean forward and graze my teeth on the mark that I gave him. He growls lowly and moves so that he's on top of me. Is this really the right thing to do?

Yes! Phoebe roars in my head. I smile and for once agree with her.

"How much do you remember of last night?" He asks with a smirk. I blush and look away. I'm in a large shirt and he's in just his pants. He laughs loudly and sits up pulling me with him. "Allow me to enlighten you." He rests against the headboard with me on his lap and he pulls the cover up over us. I sigh and shuffle getting myself comfortable. He groans and holds my hips. "You better stop that angel." I blush a deep red and freeze.

"I'm sorry." I say quietly. He laughs again and puts his hand under my chin, gently forcing me to look up. He places a kiss on the tip of my nose and my heart warms.

"Don't worry, you just look so damn sexy in my clothes." He smiles and kisses my nose once more. "Anyway. Last night I go down stairs wondering what all the noise was about to find you passed out on the kitchen counter with Olivia laughing her ass off. She said that you tried to stand up on the counter, hit your head on the cupboard and knocked yourself out. I carried you upstairs and you woke up, pushed me out the door and then built a fort with Olivia. I was the evil monster trying to eat you two. You guys were silent for a minute so I went inside your fort thing and you had both passed out. I put Olivia into bed and then did the same with you. I'm sorry I didn't put you in your room. I couldn't find it in me to let you go." His arms tighten and I smile. I can't help but be happy that he didn't put me in my room. But I feel a little disappointed knowing that we didn't actually mate.

I sigh and lean against him. Would it really be so bad if I got with him? I look up at him to find him already staring at me. I blush and look away. He chuckles, I feel the vibrations through his chest.

"What do you want to do today?" He asks me, running a hand up and down my leg.

"You can do what ever you want, but I'm going to recover from this bitch." I say pointing to my head.

"Then I'll do it with you." He states firmly. I hush him.

"Too loud." I complain. When his words finally seep through my muddled thoughts I look at him shocked. "Are you serious?"

"Yes I'm serious." He deadpans but keeps his voice low for my benefit. "I haven't seen you in six days and you think I'm just going to leave?! It was hard enough knowing that you were down stairs and that I couldn't see you! I would go down each day and stand in front of the door wanting nothing more than to go inside and comfort you. It nearly broke my heart hearing you howl. And howl you did. Every day. Knowing there was nothing I could do nothing I could - " It's not the best thing or the smartest thing I could of done but hearing all of this made my heart melt, so I cut him off with a kiss.

I pull his head towards mine and smash my lips into his. I moan at the contact and he growls. He hesitantly runs his tongue along my lips asking for entrance and I gladly let him in. His tongue pushes into my mouth, a world of manly flavours surrounds me. I moan again and he squeezes my hips. Our breath mingled into one. I am breathing heavily but then so is he. My mouth is on fire and I love it. I move so that I was straddling him and then pulled him closer. If that was even possible. He reacted to it well, he moves his hand from my hips to my ass and he gives me a slight tap. I gasp and he smirks.

He pulls away to catch his breath and with one hand he moves a strand of hair to behind my ear then allows his hand to trail down my neck. I shiver when it passes over my mark. I look at his now slightly swollen lips and smile. I give him a quick peck, my hangover completely forgotten about and climb off him. He grabs me and pulls me back into his chest.

"Where'd you think you're going?" He growls. I gulp, oh dear. He puts head over my mark and smells my neck. That's not creepy at all.

"Um... I was gunna get some food, you know. I gotta keep this baby going." I gesture to my body with a wink, even though he didn't see it. As if on cue my stomach released the mating call of a whale. I snort and try to wiggle out of his embrace.

"Oh." He says quietly. "Well then, let's go!" I snort again, he is now standing by the door and I'm standing on the bed.

"Yeah, whatever. Where are my clothes?" I look down. "Where are my clothes? Did you change me?" I ask. He blushes furiously and looks at the ground. He then rubs the back of his neck with his hand. That is so hot. I groan and look away, what's happening to me?

"I... You see... Well you and... Then I... Just... I thought..." He stumbles over his words. I try to keep the smile of my face. He's so adorable. "Yes. Yes I did." He finally spits out with a guilty look in his face.

"Okay." I shrug and jump off the bed. "Do you have anything else for me to wear, because, you know." I run my hand along the bottom of the top to show him how short it was. It just covered my bum.

"Right. Yeah. Course." He runs over to his wardrobe and hands me a pair of women's jeans. Whose are these? I growl with jealously. He smirks. "Don't worry, I had Olivia buy these for you." I instantly drop my head and blush, how embarrassing.

I pull the jeans on and keep his shirt, he puts on some track suits that hang dangerously low on his hips.

"Want do you want?" He had carried me down stairs set me down on the island and then searched the cupboards. "I can't actually cook, so do you have a favourite cereal or something?" I smirk.

"A favourite cereal?" I ask with a short laugh. "Out of the way." I jump down and shoo him away.

"Naw, let's go out and get something. I don't want you slaving away for me." He comes up behind me wrapping his arm around me. He places a kiss on my neck and I sigh leaning into him. "Come on." He says quietly tugging my hand. I smile and follow him out the door. He grabs a jacket one the way out and his car keys.

He opens the door for me and waits until I'm belted up before giving me a quick peck on the cheek and shutting the door.

He pulls up in town and gets out running around the car to my side. I smile and he opens the door for me. He holds out his hand so I place mine in his and he helps me out of the car.

"Thank you." I say softly. He smiles down at me and kisses my forehead.

"Anything for you my angel." I blush and look down. He smiles again. "Where'd you want to go?" He asks. I hum and look around.

"The coffee shop?" I raise a questioning eyebrow.

"The coffee shop." He says firmly with a nod. I smile and let him lead me to the cafe.