Chapter 18

As soon as I emerge from the trees I spot Jared sat on the hood of his car lent against the windshield with his eyes closed. I had tried to control my emotions so that he wouldn't know how I felt but as soon as I saw him they came pouring out. His head snaps up when he hears my shoes slapping against the concrete. He quickly slides off the car after seeing my panicked expression and feeling my fear, he rushes over to me. When he's in reach I leap and hope he will catch me as I'm still holding all my things. His arms engulf me and I wrap my legs around his waist, crushing my arms against his chest so that I can bury my head in the crook of his neck. He shifts me around so that I'm resting on one of his arms whilst his other reaches up my back allowing his hand to get tangled in my hair.

"Hey angel, don't worry. I'm right here." He mutters comforting phrases in my ear, but I just ignore him.

Taking a deep breath I unwrap my legs and after getting the hint he slowly puts me down. He kept his arms wrapped tight around me. His thumbs trailing patterns on my lower back. I look deeply into his eyes and smile. All reason escapes my thoughts and I stand up on my tip toes to reach his lips. Still a little too short he moves his head down so that we connect. Fireworks erupt making me weak at the knees.

I had been staying in the pack house for a week now, after having been reminded of what dangers lie out there I decided it would be best if I stayed. I hadn't seen Ryley or any of his friends. Nor have I had to cook anything. We would always go out or have a barbecue with other members of the pack. I was going to be introduced soon after we mate which we still haven't done yet.

I have shifted every day, Jared and I would go for a run. I still tried to avoid other shifters whilst in my wolf form. We didn't run much, Phoebe and his wolf Kai would always take over and play fight together next to the lake. Afterwards they would lie side by side watching the small waterfall a little way away from the lake.

Jared hasn't left my side for more than ten minutes since I told him about my old parents and what they did to me. I explained to him why I was rouge and what I, in turn, did to them. I haven't told him that I saw them here or about 'Bullseye' man (I thought it better to keep my worries to myself). Even when one of us had to shower. If I took too long he would come in and sat on the toilet. I know that I should have been creeped out but even with the shower curtain between us it still felt like a brick wall. I would purr every time he came near me. But we had no more kisses or anything else just hand holding and hugs, I think it might be because I didn't tell him about what happened in the woods. I always tried to avoid the questions.

Him being around me was nice but it made it very difficult to do my own thing. Heck, when I had to make the potion I ran away and found the nearest house to hide in. I broke in and quickly set about putting the ingredients together, carefully recalling Alfie's instruction and following them step by step. When I got back that day he rugby tackled me to the floor trying to breath in my scent, calming Kai. Only, it didn't calm him, it made him so angry I tried to leave again. He didn't take kindly to this and locked me in his bedroom. It honestly scared the sh!t out of me. When Jared finally took over, once again, he was so regretful and loving that I couldn't find it in me to hold it against him.

He would take me to the coffee shop for breakfast. He carried on opening and closing the doors for me. The small gesture still made me smile. Then we would come back to the grand house, it had a huge porch for us all to sit on. Then a meeting after that a sandwich for lunch then a movie. Before I knew it another bloody meeting. How much stuff do they need to talk about?! Dinner, a run and then bed. He would let me get changed into his top which I adopted as pyjamas, then he would crawl in next to me and softly put his arm around me as if he thought I would smash, putting lots of room between us. It didn't matter because in the morning I would wake up and our legs would be tangled together, or I would be straddling him and such.