𝟙𝟙

Jack POV

I was lying next to Lyla's bed. Christina was asleep, and her brother was on the other side of the bed facing me.

"Do you think she is gonna make it?" He asked me

I stared at him for a few seconds. Then I looked back at Lyla's face. She looked so peaceful.

"I'm running out of hope, but it's only been 2 days. I can't let go of her now"

"How long have you guys known each other?" He asked

"A few months. Me and my friends were getting pushed and pulled by girls, then Christina and Lyla came over and made them leave us alone" 

"So, I hear you were really close with my sister"  he said with a serious look on his face

"Sort of. It was building up, but it was never got to anything intimate. We were just starting to get close, I knew everything about her. I knew this was happening, and I tried to convince her to get away from all of it, but she couldn't: She didn't want to leave you behind with him" 

He looked at me with a mix of emotions on his face: Sadness, confusion, anger and disappointment all in one. He looked liked he couldn't hold it in anymore. He broke down in hi chair. I went over and bro-hugged him. He hugged me back. We stopped hugging when we heard a sudden beep. We looked back up at the heart monitor, and it started rising again. I couldn't believe it. I knew it. I knew she would make it. I screamed out of happiness and cried tears of joy. She would make it, SHE WOULD MAKE IT!

Taylor POV

I was out with my friends out in the neighbourhood, when I got a call from someone.

Taylor: Hello?

? : Taylor

Taylor: Christina?

Christina: Can you come to the hospital please

Taylor: Why, what happened?

Christina: It's Lyla, she tried to kill herself *slowly sobbing* *silence*

Taylor: I'm on my way

*end of call*

I find the nearest car and jump in it. I didn't care who owned the car, I just know it belonged to one of my friends. I got to the hospital, and ran straight inside. I tried to find out where my sister was, and they finally gave me her room number. I ran to her room and barged the door open. There was Christina and a boy. I walked over to Lyla on the hospital bed, and looked down at her. She looked so quiet and peaceful. What did she go through to do this to herself? I thought back to all the times I went back home and how I never even got to see her. When I came back home, she was either always out with Christina, or I was asleep when she was back. I felt bad now that I realise how much of her life I missed out on ever since mom died. I looked down at her and started crying. I came closer to her body and hugged her. She felt so lifeless as she lay there with my arms wrapped around her. I felt someone's hand grab mine. I didn't care whose hand it was, I grabbed it and held it tight. After a good few minutes, I looked up and saw Christina. 

"It had nothing to do with us, it was your guys dad."

I looked at her with confusion all over my face

"what do you mean?" I demanded

"He hurt her, Taylor. Whenever you weren't around, he would abuse her. He would screw with her head. He made her believe nobody loved her, that it was all her fault that your mom died. My god, he even threw a beer bottle at her"

I looked at her with shock all over my face. I couldn't believe anything that was being said to me. I couldn't believe our dad was the one who made her do this. I felt angry. Our dad was the one who made this happen!  Christina saw me and read my face

"what are you thinking?"

"I'm thinking: That when I see him, I'm gonna do his head in"

I turned my attention to the boy. He looked horrible, as if he'd been crying all afternoon.

"whose the boy?"

Christina turned around to he boy

"He's the one that got Lyla down from the tree. He's the one that made her feel happiest. He was practically an angel when he was with her" 

She turned around to see him rubbing Lyla's hand, then she turned back to me

"they had a bit of a thing, they were really close. He saved her from Lucas when they had a party"

I look back and see him bawling his eyes out. I felt bad for him. I walked over to him. I grabbed his hand and pulled him up.

"Hey man, I just want to thank you for saving her. If she makes it, I owe it all to you"

"Thanks man, that means a lot"

A few hours later, Christina went to sleep. That left me and Jack up watching Lyla. I decided to start talking.

"Do you think she is gonna make it?"  I asked him

he  stared at me for a few seconds. Then he looked back at Lyla's face. 

"I'm running out of hope, but it's only been 2 days. I can't let go of her now"

"How long have you guys known each other?" I asked

"A few months. Me and my friends were getting pushed and pulled by girls, then Christina and Lyla came over and made them leave us alone"

"So, I hear you were really close with my sister" I said with a serious look on my face

"Sort of. It was building up, but it was never got to anything intimate. We were just starting to get close, I knew everything about her. I knew this was happening, and I tried to convince her to get away from all of it, but she couldn't: She didn't want to leave you behind with him"

I looked at him, emotions swirling within me. Thoughts were colliding with each other inside my head. I can't believe it. Finally, someone actually genuinely loves her. Thank god, he's not like Lucas. That was the last time I ever saw Lyla. When I beat Lucas up for trying to rape her. I was really mad when I found out he was in the room upstairs from me. He tried hurting my baby sister. I started thinking about what could've happened if I hadn't barged down the door in time. I felt ears stinging my eyes. I couldn't hold in anymore. I broke down right where I sat. I felt Jacks arms wrap me in a bro-hug. I hugged him back. We cried in each others arms. We stopped when we heard ... *beep* *beep*

We looked over at the heart monitor, and saw Lyla's heart rate go back up. I looked at Jack, and we started screaming. She was gonna make it! And I owe it all to this boy. I picked him up and started swinging him around. Christina woke up, and we told her.

"Lyla's gonna make it!"

She cupped her hands over her mouth and started crying. We all hugged each other.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N 

I got nothing to say, except that next chapter is gonna be really unexpected

> > > > > > > > > > > > >