𝟙𝟘

Lyla POV

The last thing I heard before I blacked out was someone screaming. I didn't pay attention to it. I was so focused on this blank and empty room. This must be heaven. But what I saw when I walked closer almost made me lose my balance: My mom

"m-mom" I stuttered

I looked at her and she had her arms wide open. I ran and practically jumped in her arms. Oh my god, it felt so good to be in her arms. I missed her so much. We stood there for what seemed like forever. Finally, we let go of each other. She cupped my face and looked at me with mixed emotions: Happiness, Sadness and disappointment. It was silent for a long time. I broke that silence

"Mom, I am so sorry you had to die crying" *sobbing* "I never deserved a mother like you"

"Oh, Lyla, sweetheart, don't blame yourself. I died of a natural cause, and I cried because I would never have been able to spend the rest of my life watching yours."

"Mom, everything went to hell after you died. Dad turned to alcohol, Taylor turned to drugs, and I hated myself so much that I started cutting myself. I never forgave myself for acting like a brat to you for the time I had with you. I took you for granted and I'm sorry. But I'm here with you now, and that's all that could make me happy now"

"Lyla, my sweet baby girl. I've seen everything ever since I came here. I regret not being able to show myself to you in this way. I wanted to return so bad, nut I couldn't because my time was up"

I just stared at her. I can return?

"Lyla, I want you to know, that even though it feels like they hate you, everyone loves you. I know your dad isn't showing it, but he does love you. It's like his mind is corrupted from the alcohol, sweetie. I promise you, those people in your life right now, love you"

I thought about Christina, Taylor, Jonah, Corbyn, Daniel and Zach.

And Jack. I thought Jack actually cared for me. But my dad made it clear that he didn't. It was all a lie. He didn't love me, he could never love someone like me.

"No, he doesn't" I said, tears starting to form 

"Lyla Jane Peters, that boy, Jack, he loves you with all his heart. He opened himself up to you about how he felt about you. Why do you think he kissed you back?"

"Nice try mom, it was all a lie. He made it up just so he could bring me back to school the next week and embarrass me for it. That's wat Lucas did. Someone like him could never love me"

My mom looked at me and sighed. Then she brought me to what looked like a window.

"See for yourself, then"

The first thing I see when I look out the window, is Jack. He was cradling me with tears running down his face. He looked terrified. And then I heard him speak.

Jack:

"Lyla, LYLA JANE PETERS, DONT YOU DARE DIE ON ME! Lyla please, Lyla I love you so god damn much! Please, live for me! live for Christina! live for the boys! Please Lyla, I love you too much to let you die now!"

He was hugging me and holding onto me tight

"Lyla, remember the date? remember the kiss? remember when you told me how you thought nobody could love you? You were wrong Lyla. I LOVE YOU! I LOVE YOU SO MUCH LYLA JANE PETERS! The boys love you too! CHRISTINA LOVES YOU TOO! Your rother loves you more than anyone, remember?! Please, don't leave me all alone with a broken heart! I love you, please don't leave me Lyla, Please wake up" 

And then he kissed me. Roughly, but passionately, like it might be his last. Then he looked up, and I saw flashlights. My mom closed the window, and I was in tears. 'He actually loves me' I thought. I turned to my mum and she had a smile on her face.

"You could go back if you really wanted to. But you don't have much time left to decide. So choose now, baby"

I thought about it quickly, and I chose to go back. I looked towards my mum, and I think she already knew what I chose. I gave her one last hug.

"I love you mum, forever and always"

"I love you Lyla. I will always be watching over you, I will always be by your side, my sweet little baby"

Just then, a door opened up, and a great white light was shining. I stayed conscious long enough to hear the hear monitor, and screams of happiness and excitement. Then I blacked out again.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~