꧁ᑕᕼᗩᑭTᗴᖇ 12꧂

it had been about a week since we had signed up for the all valley. we were training a lot and the dojo has gotten better. this morning dad told us that training was going to be in an old dumpster... why? I dont know. so here we were, all standing in a junkyard as dad was drinking his beer.

"you've trained hard. you've gotten stronger, tougher, faster. you've done your best. you're ready for this tournament am I right?" he yelled.

"yes sensei!" we all replied.

"wrong!" dad started throwing his beer can, "your best ain't shit! if you wanna win the All-Valley Under-18 Karate Tournament, you gotta give me better than your best. which is why from now on, you're gonna get my worst. do you understand?"

"yes sensei!"

"are you losers?"

"no sensei!"

"are you nerds?"

"no sensei!"

"Are you sure?"

"no sensei!" everyone yelled. "yes sensei!" I yelled, everyone looked at me I just chuckled and shrugged and Miguel put his arm around me slightly laughing, placing a kiss on my head.

first, we had to jump through tire holes, "move those feet!" dad yelled to hawk and Miguel.

then we were brought to the section with a bunch of old gross cars, "your enemies are all around you. destroy them!" Miguel took my hand and we ran to a car, I got one side he got the other. I took my bat and whacked the car windows while Miguel trashed the tires and side mirrors. "yeah!" he yelled.

we ran another few laps in the tire holes, "let's go squirt! good job buddy, go!" dad encouraged as we ran across. Aisha tripped causing us all to fall on top of each other.

we then had to walk across a beam that had glass on it and a whole bunch of sharp objects and garbage underneath. Miguel went first, walked across no problem. then hawk, he almost slipped which caused me to let out a small gasp, but he made it anyways. then me, it was easy.

"you wanna win," dad started while handing us pieces of jerky. "you gotta be hungry. you guys hungry?"

"yes sensei"

"good cause so are they," he stated blowing into a dog whistle. we then heard barking, wild dogs came running after us.

"oh shit!" Aisha and I yelled then started to run, I grabbed Miguel's hand and took him with me as we all screamed.

"dont be afraid they smell fear!"

Miguel got up onto a car to get away from a dog that was running after us and reached to help me up. in the distance I saw hawk struggling to get on a truck, then a dog jumped up and bit his ass. he let out a loud scream.

"ooooh." I said cringing at the scene.

"yikes." Miguel said breathlessly.

***

dad called just Miguel and i into the dojo today, Miguel and I spared. "okay okay! that enough. save some for the tournament you two." dad said as he walked out of his office.

"sensei, why are we the only ones here?" Miguel asked.

"cause let's face it, you two are the only chances I have at winning this thing." dad stated.

"so what? we are your best students?" I asked smirking as Miguel put an arm around me smirking as well as we walked to grab our phones.

"dont flatter yourselves, have you seen the others."