Chapter 9: Memories of the Dead

I entered the teacher's compartment to find even Severus and Andrew there. I knew Andrew was safe with Severus around but I still worried. I ran over and took him into my arms as I asked, "Is he okay? Did they come anywhere near him?"

"It just grew cold, don't worry," Severus reassured.

"Thank you so much," I sighed, before kissing Andrew's cheek. "I'm sorry I wasn't there, darling."

"We saw your phoenix, Stacey. We trust you were with the students then. Perfect timing as always," McGonagall praised.

"There will be dementors at Hogwarts won't there?" I asked. "All because Sirius has escaped?"

"Unfortunately. But the Ministry swore to Dumbledore that the dementors won't be anywhere near the school ground. Why they were even on the train is beyond me. He won't be the slightest bit pleased at that," McGonagall answered.

"Your new D.A teacher, Remus Lupin, did a wonderful job as well," Professor Sprout added.

"I promised a wonderful teacher!" I answered. I knew Remus would be perfect here.

After a bit more discussion we all got ready to get off the train which would be stopping any moment now. When it did Severus went to get my things as Andrew and I waited outside. Just as Severus came over and handed me my own bags, Remus joined us.

He extended his arms towards Andrew, who eagerly bounced at the sight of him, and cooed, "Ah, hello there, Andrew. I'm so glad you came along."

"Remus, you're so amazing with children. When will you settle down and have some of your own?" I asked, watching the two of them happily.

"You know I can't," Remus sighed.

I reached forward to touch his cheek gently. "Yes you can. I'm positive that it won't be passed on, Remus. You deserve a child."

"Thank you," He answered, smiling. He gazed at Hogwarts behind me sadly. "It doesn't look the same, does it?"

"No," I admitted. With the dementors flying around Hogwarts seemed dark, gloomy and dangerous. Even though I knew about Sirius' innocence I still fear this place now. I couldn't even imagine what the other students must be feeling.

Then, out of no where, the dementors began to appear. They all curled together, dawning over Severus, Remus, Andrew and I. Their looks was locked onto me as I felt myself grow colder by the moment. Something in me felt like it was dying as they inched closer. I knew they recognized me from Azkaban. Suddenly, all the screams I had heard from the prisoners in Azkaban pounded within my head. It was quickly joined by my own screams when I was told that my father was murdered. There was just so much of pain personified within the sounds that I could barely keep my tears inside.

"Make it stop," I whispered.

"Stacey, what is wrong?" Severus asked

"The Dementors recognize her and aren't too pleased with her presence," Remus explained.

The crowd of dementors kept growing as McGonagall ran over. I handed her Andrew as I gasped, "Get him to safety."

I appreciated that she didn't contradict my wishes. She quickly ran off with Andrew, leaving me to face the dementors. They probably thought I helped Sirius escape and this was their developing revenge.

One of the dementors pointed at me which caused my mother's screams to echo within my head as she was killed by Nagini. She kept telling me to run before Nagini came through and began to kill her. I tried to stop my hands from shaking in fear so I could reach for my wand but all my efforts went in vain. I could barely hear Remus and Severus beside me and keep my own screams within. All the emotional agony began to make my body burn.