Undercover

Y/n's pov

Pierce:" your mission is to kill the avengers and anyone who stands in your way"

Y/n:"yes sir"

I was pushed out the door with a punch to the face, I had to act like it didn't hurt, they didn't know that Tony and Bruce removed the chip, so I decided to act like it was still there to get out of here and warn the others that hydra was coming. We got outside the compound and of course they sent me in with an earpiece so they could hear me, I step foot in and everyone's head turns to look at me. Natasha comes running to me and it takes everything in me to not run to her.

Y/n:" stay back or ill shoot you" I pull out my gun.

Natasha:"y/n this isn't you put the gun down" I look at nat with my eyes pleading hoping she would notice, she looks at me confused at I point to the ear piece. I grab a piece of paper and a pen and start writing on it whilst shouting at them so hydra wouldn't get suspicious.

Y/n:"which one of you would like to die first" I shout whilst writing down on the piece of paper.

"It's hydra, they got me and they still think I've got the chip inside me, they sent me to kill you all so I went along with it and came to warn you all, you need to shoot me or something so they can take me and leave. I don't want any of you getting hurt"

I pass the note to Steve and he reads it and nods and passes it around, they all go along with it whilst I'm trying to hold back the tears, I know that I'll have to go back to the hydra base and get tortured, but I'd rather it was me than anyone of the people standing infront of me.

Steve:"y/n we can work this out"

Y/n:" NO WE CANT" I start trembling with tears and put the gun to my head.

Y/n:"it's the only way.."

Natasha:"y/n don't, please, I can't lose you again"

The next thing we know hydra comes bursting through the windows, they must've known, everyone starts fighting and we manage to get the hydra agents. That's when pierce walks through the doors aiming the gun at Natalia, I grab her and run in front of her, everyone hears gun shots, they turn round and see pierce smirking, Wanda knocks him out with her powers, I look down at my chest and see 2 bullet holes with blood coming out of them. I look back up at Natalia, holding back the tears.

Natashas pov

I see y/n jump infront of me then I get confused, then I hear a gunshot and look down and see the blood pouring out of y/n's chest.

Natasha:"no no this isn't happening"

Y/n and I both drop the ground, her head is in my lap and I start crying holding her.

Y/n:"it's okay my love, it's o-okay"

Natasha:"your going to be fine don't say that"

Y/n:"hold my hand"

Natasha:" I'm not holding your hand because your not dying on me"

Y/n:"i don't regret anything, not even the red room, that's where I met you, even tho you were a bit of a bitch at first"

She starts to close her eyes and Steve picks her up and they rush medbay, I lie there for a few seconds before I wipe my tears and run to where y/n is, this can't be happening.

5 hours later...

Avengers pov

Everyone was gathered in the main room, waiting for y/n to wake up, natasha didn't leave her side, everyone tried to convince her to leave even for a glass of water, but she would t budge, they knew she felt guilty, that y/n took that bullet for her, but y/n would have done it for any of them, there was more meaning to do it for Natasha but. It's silence, no one is talking, it's that quiet you could hear a pin drop. Everyone felt terrible for y/n, how scared she must've been, knowing she was coming here to risk her life either way, everyone had to repay y/n for saving them.

As the hours go on, more worry and tension builds up, natasha still hasn't left your side, she feels like she owes it to you and she wants to be there for when you wake up, if you do.