Mistakes

A/n- I was reading the previous chapters of this book and decided to change a few of them, I was 16 when I started writing this book and realised how rushed it was😭 I'm so glad my writing is more mature now because god i wanted to put a bullet in my head reading those, anyway enjoy the chapter 😁

Y/n started to wake up as the plane hit some turbulence, meaning they were preparing to land, she realised her hand was wrapped around natashas waist and her head was laying on her shoulder, she slowly started to move her arm when she noticed natasha was asleep, but was stopped when she felt a hand stop her

"Don't move on my account, I'm pretty comfortable arent you?" She grinned as she looked down, y/n's face blushed, she was now too nervous to move but decided it was for the best. She stretched out her legs and heard them crack, she was then satisfied as she sat up straighter and looked out the window and the plane had landed, she went to stand up and Natasha put her hand on her waist

Why is my heart racing? Y/n thought to herself

"We should wait until everyone else gets off, incase they recognise us" she said and y/n nodded and sat back down, none of them payed mind to the fact natashas hand was still on y/n's waist.

After everyone got off the plane, they both got up and exited, they grabbed their luggage and got in a car that fury booked for them and made their way to the hotel they were staying at. Y/n looked at the beautiful scenery, she could stare at empty fields and find beauty in it, it was something natasha admired about her, even in empty places, she finds something in them.

Even within her.

Shortly after they arrived to the hotel and checked in and made their way to their room. Y/n walked over to the bed and jumped on it, letting the covers engulf her as natasha brought in her luggage, she chuckled as she watched her, "you just slept like 4 hours and you're still tired?" Natasha asked her, "Of all these years of knowing me, you forget I can sleep anywhere at anytime? Jeez romanoff, might wanna up your game" she smirked at her, "would you be able to handle it?" Natasha asked her, her eyes slightly hooded, y/n knew what she was hinting at, so she walked over to her and placed a finger under her chin, pulling her face closer to her own.

"You know how much I can handle, sadly for you, I'm still pissed at you, so you can keep it in your pants for the time being natalia" she spoke, she knew when she called her natalia it made her weak, and that's what she wanted, she wanted natasha to be weak for her and only her.

She swayed past her and started to unpack their luggage and hang it up in the wardrobe, Natasha was surprised to see she was doing hers aswell.

The redhead set up their equipment, hacking into the cctv cameras, they were trying to hunt down the person following y/n, they were going to get them before they could get her.

The only thing that worried natasha about this was the main part of the plan, where y/n would need to play bait in order for them to come out of hiding, it's most likely they would get people to do their dirty work, but they will also lead the group right to the person they needed to catch.

She just didn't want to lose her y/n

She was snapped out of her daze when y/n asked her a question

"Do you want to go for coffee?" She asked her innocently, she got changed into some black jeans, doc marten boots, a dark green tshirt and a leather jacket

She looked hot as hell

Natasha took in her appearance and nearly drooled, making the girl across her confidence sky rocket

"You want to go for coffee with me? What happened to hating me?" Natasha asked her as she grabbed her jacket

"Well we need to at least try and bond so we can get through this mission" she admitted, there was a small coffee shop just round the corner from where they were staying, they still had to stay undercover, so the caps and sunglasses were back on.

They sat across from eachother as they sat in a comfortable silence. "Did I ever tell you that you look hot in green?" Natasha told her, y/n's lips tugging up into a smile, "flattery won't score you points, but thank you, nat" natasha smiled, it was one of the first times she had called her by her name since the argument instead of romanoff.

Progress was being made, slowly, but surely

Natasha watched as a group of men walked in, y/n's back was turned so they wouldn't recognize her in the slightest, natasha watched as they ordered coffee but she noticed one of them looked weirdly suspicious.

He was on a call with someone and looking around the cafe, like someone was watching him, i mean, natasha was.

The group of men walked out, they couldn't follow them because they didn't really have any reason too except one guy being suspicious, but it wasn't a big deal.

The two still sat in silence before natasha sucked in a breath, she knew they had to talk about what happened at some point, and she wanted to get it over and done with before this whole thing starts, but natasha decided it's better not to do it in a public setting, so they decided they were finished and they got up and left.

They arrived back at the hotel and y/n took a seat on the bed as natasha stood infront of her

"Can we talk about what happened please?" Natasha asked, she watched as y/n looked down at her hands, fiddling with them before sighing, "We need to talk about it at one point" she agreed, she nodded, signaling for natasha to go ahead.

"I fucked up alright, I know I did, and ever since it happened I've been beating myself up over it, i should've never have agreed to be Bruce's date, it was a stupid idea when I know who my heart belongs too, I was just scared" she admitted at she was pouring her heart out, something she'd never done before

"Why were you scared?" Y/n asked her, she was going to jump into anything, she genuinely did want to hear the girl out as she had time on her own to think about everything

"I was scared I was going to lose you, when I saw you lying on that hospital bed, nearly lifeless, it hit me, if I ever lost you I wouldn't be able to recover from it, you mean everything to me, and it was my fault you got shot, I thought that I needed to push you as far away as possible so I thought the way i done it was the best way, I realised it wasn't, I really didn't mean what I say, y/n, I was angry, I thought you and Wanda were having fucking sex! I was jealous, I was being insecure and it wasn't fair, I shouldn't have acted that way just because you were doing what I was, what I said was completely out of anger, I care about you more than anything in this world, I'm just scared to lose you" she finished as a tear fell down her cheek, y/n stood up and walked over to the girl who was now crying, she'd never seen natasha like this before.

She placed her hand on her cheek and wiped her tears, "you aren't going to lose me natalia, you have a place in my heart no one could ever take, did it hurt me to see you with Bruce when it should've been me? Yes, but should I have went along with the plan? No I shouldn't have, but you know if it was you in the situation you would have too, what you said hurt my feelings, and it will take time for me to heal from it, but I'm not going to hold it against you, you aren't a bad person nat, we both know that" she spoke softly as she pulled her closer, natasha could smell her perfume and felt at home, she hugged the girl tight, never wanting to let go.

"Help me forgive you, help me trust you again, I want too so badly, but I need you to let me in, you can't put up walls because you're scared natasha, I'm scared too, but I'm willing to risk everything for you, but will you do the same for me?"

There wasn't even any hesitation in natashas answer

"I will risk everything for you y/n, I'm willing to wait as long as it takes to finally call you mine, I've accepted my mistake and I've learned from it, I never want to hurt you again" she admitted, that was all y/n needed, she wasn't going to put up walls, she had hope in natasha, even though she would still play the long game with her to keep her on her toes, if natasha means what she says, then she is willing to wait for her.

Just like y/n waited all those years to finally see her again.