Watching

third persons pov

Natasha paced outside the hospital wing, she just drove to the closest hospital because she wasn't taking any chances on driving to the tower incase y/n didn't make it, she'd already lost a lot of blood on the way and she didn't want to take the risk.

She watched as the doctors operated on the girl throw the window screen, she was worried to death.

This was an eye opener for her.

Flashback

"No no y/n you're not dying on me" she screamed as she drove way over the speed limit, tears filling her eyes as her vision was blurry from them, her heart was racing and the only thing on her mind was y/n

She pulled up to the entrance and carried the pale girl bridal style, "I NEED HELP NOW!" She screamed and doctors instantly came rushing, "I'm sorry we are a bit busy-"

"Listen I don't give a fuck if you're busy, she's more important than someone with a common fucking cold!" She gritted her teeth as the doctor stood there shaking and quickly nodded his head, she felt a bit bad she knew they are just trying to do their job, but y/n needed help and she needed it now.

She watched as she was taken into the room, hot on her heels as she pulled out her phone and instantly called the first number she could find.

"Hey Nat, how did the mission go? Did you and y/n finally-"

"Now isn't the time for your jokes Tony, y/n got shot and you need to come here now"

And with that Tony hung up and made his way to the hospital within 5 minutes.

And this is where it leaves them, Tony sitting on a chair in the hall with his head in his hands, he became like a brother figure to y/n, their bond grew over the time he knew her, they would laugh together most of the times but the times when they would have meaningful conversations, it meant a lot to Tony, even if it only happened when they were drunk.

He knew how shaken up natasha was over this, he could see it in her eyes, hell, he could even see it in the way she stood, the way she breathed, he knew her heart was aching for the girl, he knew she'd feel guilty, like it was her fault.

"Nat, sit down, they're doing everything they can" he tried to plead to her, but she wasn't having it.

"It's my fault, it should've been me that got shot not her" she argued back, Tony knew that natasha didn't mean to come of harsh, she was just in pain.

"You know y/n would've preferred it to be her, she's strong, she's going to pull through"

"I didn't get to tell her"

Tony already knew what she was talking about so he didn't want to push her. He also aches for the two to be together, as soon as y/n showed face, natasha was always less tense and came out of her shell, it took a while, but he knew it was y/n's presence that made that happen.

Flashback

"Oh come on steve, have a little fun" y/n laughed as she threw an egg in his direction, only for it to dodge him and it natasha right on the back of the head.

The room went silent as natasha slowly turned around, y/n audibly gulped as she was preparing to be in alot of trouble

Natasha turned around and grabbed an egg, running towards y/n with a devilish smirk as y/n bolted, dodging every bit of furniture in the way

"If any of you get egg on my furniture I'll kill you both!" Tony warned, but he was having just as much fun, he didn't actually care if they made a mess, he was glad they were just having fun.