it was a mistake - eight

Justin's POV;

I know, I know. You're tired of this whole break up make-up shit. I can't help myself. I was going crazy, if you saw my wrists you'd know what I meant. I walked out of Ellen's studio with Veronica's hand in mine. We pushed passed paparazzi and got into my Range Rover. She left in three days for vacation with Ryan, Chaz, Jessica and Christian. I'm not too comfortable about Ryan being there, but I couldn't make this about me. I put my keys in the ignition, and I prepared myself for this long lecture about why I would do something like that.

"Thank you." She smiled. I took one hand off the steering wheel and intertwined my fingers with hers and smiled.

"Veronica, I should be saying that."

"You should...but you made me feel special in front of millions of people."

"That's what I'm here for."

"Justin..."

"Before you say anything, yes. This will be very different than those other times because those other times, I was so focused on my needs and not yours."

"Justin, what happened to your wrists?" She asked, running her fingers across the scars.

I snatched my arm out her grasp, "Nothing, it's...nothing."

"Justin, please don't tell me..."

"Then I won't." I smile. I need to change the subject, "I-uh, - talked to Ryan."

"That's good what happened?"

"We made up you could say."

"That's really good, for the both of you."

"How about you two?"

"We promised each other to not talk to each other until the Bahamas." She paused. "You never responded to the e-mail."

"What e-mail?"

"I sent you one with all the deats. Marcus said he'll pay for Ryan, Chaz and Christian. But, he said you never replied to the message."

"I guess Scooter forgot to mention it to me." I laughed nervously.

"Justin, did you even open it?"

"No."

"Why not, I tried really hard to get everything perfect so Pattie would say yes."

"When I saw your name, I thought it was bad news. I'm sorry, I kind of panicked."

She grabbed my hand, "its fine...can you tell me why you did this?"

I pulled into the driveway to my house, and turned my car off, "Veronica, please."

"I won't get out this car until you tell me."

"Fine, I cut myself once or twice...that was it."

"Why?"

"Depression."

"For what?"

"Twenty questions, much?"

"Stop it, tell me."

"You."

"What did I do?"

"You made me fall in love with you."

"I did no such thing." She blushed.

"Veronica, I'm really sorry."

"I'm sorry too. The things I said two weeks ago, I didn't mean."

It felt good to hear her say that, "I know you didn't." I unbuckled my seatbelt and got out the car. I walked over to Veronica's side and helped her get out. I grabbed her hand and closed the car door and we walked towards my door. I turned around and clicked the lock button to lock my car and opened the door to my house. I heard someone in the kitchen, "Mom?"