it was a mistake - six

One Year Later;

Veronica's POV;

I had my own tour and I had started dating Logan again. I know that may make me seem like the biggest jerk in the world but I wasn't into pop singers anymore. I was on my tour bus with Jessica Jarrell, Logan, Ryan, Chaz and Christian playing Just Dance on the Wii. We were in Stratford right now and I promised I would see them before I left for California. So they've been on the bus with me for about, three days so far.

I sat down and Ryan plopped down next to me, we've grown close over the months. "Hey, so have you heard from Justin lately?"

I sighed, "Nope and not looking forward to it happening."

"You know him and Riley broke up right?"

"Ah, so the tabloids are true." I smile. I admit, the news of the two breaking up was satisfying, and it even put a little spark in my heart...but I forced them away. I was with Logan...hell I love Logan. Yeah...and maybe if I say it enough I'll believe it.

"You miss him don't you?"

A lump caught in my throat, I haven't admitted it to anyone else except Jessica, "Yeah, I do." I whispered.

"Then why'd you walk away?"

"'Cause I told him...and he promised...and he lied." I blurted in a rush.

"Huh?" Ryan laughed.

I watched as Chaz did the dance moves incorrectly, no wonder he was losing. "I told him Riley was out to get him, and he promised he wouldn't fall for her...he lied."

"I think you pushed them together."

"Well, if he had the balls to kiss her, then he had the balls to date her."

"You tore him up when you left..."

"Look, I have to get ready for the show; you guys will back stage right?" I asked getting up. Ryan just nodded his head and I headed for the shower. I got to my room and ran the shower water. I stripped and stepped in, when I got out Stacie had my outfit ready and did my hair. The bus pulled up to the arena and Jessica and I walked off.

"Hey I forgot to tell you happy birthday." Jessica smiled.

"Oh gosh, I forgot today was my birthday." I laughed. I hugged her with one arm, "but thank you."

"The boys have a surprise for you." She winked as we walked inside. We walked through the arena and got wired up for sound check.

I started to sing my recent song, You're Beautiful:

baby girl, keep your head up.

nope don't ever let up.

keep that smile on your face, 'till fellas' choose to give up.

yeah, you're beautiful. don't let no one tell you different.

they only hatin' because you chose to be different.

i see the pain in your eyes, but you never cry.

you killinn' 'em with kindness, 'cause it don't hurt to try.

what they say, don't matter anyway,