Confronting the Truth

"SEN!?" Senpai screamed as he watched the spirit turn into who he thought was his closest friend (aside from Lemon Demon).

     "I-I can explain!"

     "You can EXPLAIN!? Y-You tried to frame me! And then lied about saving me! You've been stalking me for god knows how long now and THAT'S WHAT YOU WANT TO SAY TO ME!?"

     "W-w-wait! I... I didn't try to frame you, just please let me explain!"

     There was a bit of silence before Senpai simply responded with, "You have 60 seconds to explain and then I'm leaving, and your NOT allowed to follow."

     "R-right, well you see it all started b-back when you guys... Summoned me... I wasn't sure why I was summoned so I kept following you guys but I g-got caught by Lemon Demon... He told you and you t-told me to have more confidence in myself but..! You also said something about wanting to impress someone so I made that my own m-mission... To help..."
     Sen knew his time was running out, he was racing to find the right words to explain himself, he prayed he could say what he wanted to say in time.

     "A-and that's why I-I spoke with Skid and Pump so you guys could have some time alone and then-"

     Silence. Sen had stopped speaking mid sentence but he looked like he wanted to say more, he looked panicked and scared and he was on the verge of tears.

     "And... Then...?"

     "I-It's... Been 60 seconds... I'm sorry, please don't leave I-"

     "You can continue..!" Senpai was surprised he was keeping track of the time of all things.

     "Thank you!" Sen looked relieved as he continued to tell his story.

     "And then... I saw you leave to go home that day and I-I decided to follow b-but I lost you... When I finally found you you were about to be... Y-you know... And I, I got really angry and the next thing I knew there were dead bodies and you were passed out and I panicked! So I-I... Called Lemon Demon and acted like I just happened to see you there..."

     He... Was just trying to protect me..? And I treated him like a dick... Senpai was lost in his thoughts until he heard Sen start crying.

     "I-I messed up I should've spoken up sooner! Y-you're my only friend and I just... Wanted to protect you but n-now your going to leave me a-and I... I'm sorry!!"

     "No no! This... This isn't your fault Sen! I was a jerk I... I didn't think you actually cared that much about me!" Senpai hugged Sen, meanwhile Sen just sat there and cried.

     "I-I should've just been honest w-with you from the start..."

     "I'm glad you weren't to be frank!" Senpai said as he grabbed a tissue and wiped Sen's tears. "I probably would've freaked out if I found out sooner, haha!" There was a bit of silence before Senpai spoke again.

     "Hey... Have you just been... Living here? Or do you have your own home?"

     "I... Don't have a place to stay... I just sorta... Wander and hope nothing bad happens..!"

     "Why don't you stay with me for now? I'm sure my mom wouldn't mind too much!"

     "Thanks...! You really are the best..."

     Senpai smiled back in response, it was getting late and he could tell Sen could really use some sleep, even if he was a spirit.