❤︎Rain Race❤︎

Right step, 54. Left step, 55. Right step, 56. Left step, 57.

    You're brought back to reality when Niki asks, "What're doing?" You laugh at her question, then stop when you remember she doesn't share the same thoughts as you. "I was just counting our steps." "What did you get to?" She asks because this was a new game between you two. "57 steps." She squealed in excitement. "That's a record!" She holds her hand up in the air, and yours join, making a high five. You two were walking downtown, not having a set destination, just walking for the fun of it. You guys walk past a few shops, when one catches Niki's eye. She tugs your sweater and nods her head in the direction of the shop. You look up to read the shop's sign, which reads Clippings and Clay. You follow Niki into the shop. It smelt of summer and looked like spring, which reminded you of Niki.

     There were flowers, succulents, flower pots, and little nick nacks. You walk around the shop, following Niki close and not letting your eye off her, scared to loose her. She finds a ring set that has a bee, and the other has a bottle of honey.  Niki looks at you and smiles, you let out a small laugh and nod, and you grab the set, showing that you're paying. She knows not to object and says thank you and hugs you. After five minutes, you pay for the set and continue walking downtown. You two were walking in comfortable silence when you feel a raindrop fall on your head, "Uh Niki-" She grabs your hand and begins to run. You had no choice but to run with her. You make your way to the park when she trips and falls into the grass, which was in fact, a muddy mess. You run to her side and help her up. You examine her to see that she is 100% drenched in mud. "Holy crap are you ok?" She nods, and you two burst into laughing fits. When you two calm down, you decide you need to get home and get clean and dry, thankfully it wasn't a long walk. Once you arrive to your apartment, you pick her up and bring her into the bathroom, and throw her some clothes, then close the door and let her get cleaned up. When she is done and dressed, she opens the door and calls for you.

  "Y/N I need help!" You half walk half run to her and you see that the mud hasn't come out of her hair. "Oh dear." You motion her to the counter. "How are we gonna-" She's cut off by you lifting her onto the bathroom counter, putting her in a postion so that her head is over the sink. You get the shampoo, conditioner, and phone. You play your couple playlist and begin to rub the shampoo through her hair gently, as music plays from your phone.

𝚂𝚖𝚘𝚔𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚌𝚒𝚐𝚊𝚛𝚎𝚝𝚝𝚎𝚜 𝚘𝚗 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚛𝚘𝚘𝚏.

The shampoo starts to lather and you add water occasionally.

𝚈𝚘𝚞 𝚕𝚘𝚘𝚔 𝚜𝚘 𝚙𝚛𝚎𝚝𝚝𝚢 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝙸 𝚕𝚘𝚟𝚎 𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚜 𝚟𝚒𝚎𝚠.

You take a cup and collect water in it, and poor the liquid through her hair, taking some of the mud with it.

𝚆𝚎 𝚏𝚎𝚕𝚕 𝚒𝚗 𝚕𝚘𝚟𝚎 𝚒𝚗 𝙾𝚌𝚝𝚘𝚋𝚎𝚛.

Making sure that the shampoo is completely out of Niki's hair, you apply conditioner to her hair.

𝚃𝚑𝚊𝚝'𝚜 𝚠𝚑𝚢, 𝙸 𝚕𝚘𝚟𝚎 𝚏𝚊𝚕𝚕.

As you're massaging the conditioner into her head, you make sure to get her whole hair.

𝙻𝚘𝚘𝚔𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚊𝚝 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚜𝚝𝚊𝚛𝚜.

You let the conditioner sit for a bit.

𝙰𝚍𝚖𝚒𝚛𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚏𝚘𝚛 𝚊𝚏𝚊𝚛.

You two hum to the song, which progresses to singing.