12. But Misery's A Little Quicker

A/N: Actually, MCC8 was not really that angsty (MCC11 is the most angsty one), it's just that our heroes, the hermits, got 9th again. MCC8 Yellow Yaks is a very nice and enjoyable POV. I'm just making it sad for plot lol. I'll be quoting a lot from the Yaks' POV so you can see how Ren carried the team by continuously boosting their morale :D

This chapter (and the next few) will mention shit people said about the hermits in real life. Just two instances: when Michael said the hermit team were easy kills in Battle Box, and when Burren called Rendog old in Ace Race. Everything else is false and highly exaggerated. I'm certain Michael and Burren meant it as jokes and did not mean any offense, but it did upset me and some other Hermitcraft fans. Maybe I'm just not used to their humour. Maybe I'm overreacting. This chapter gets negative (and the worst part is, certain parts of it are real), so you might wanna sit down if you dearly love the hermits. 

-

In youth you'd lay

Awake at night and scheme

Of all the things that you would change

But it was just a dream...

-

The 8th Championship started with False trying to get everyone in line, despite Ren being the one with the catchphrase "ladies (and gentlemen and everybody), get in line!".

"Yas team!" False cheered, hyped.

"You mean, Yaks team," Pearl quipped.

"Earlier on it was just Cub and me," Ren said. "We were team AS, which is also an animal, but not the one we would like to be."

"Probably not Foxy's intention when she made our outfits," Cub remarked.

"Serious talk, team," Ren continued, "If you take a look at the leaderboard, I took a photo because this is the only time we're ever going to be third."

The Yaks all turned to look, and indeed, due to their team colour, the Yaks were sitting in third. All of them laughed at the self-deprecating joke. They quickly took selfies, then returned to talking about their strategy. As they had agreed last night, they were aiming for seventh.

There was a larger crowd than usual, which was due to the massive clout Dream and Techno had. The Yaks still felt a little bad for the other two members of Pink Parrots, because Michael and Burren genuinely weren't bad and would not "drag down" the team (not that they believed any player would drag down anyone). Stan Twitt was standing tall and proud on the stage, decked out in full pink gear. False thought she saw Stan look at them, and felt shivers down her spine. That moment quickly passed, and False didn't think much about it. Stan Twitt was always creepy and weird.

The Yaks didn't want Skyblockle, since as Ren put it, they "had no idea what the heck was going on" and it was a PvP oriented game. But after seeing what other people were voting for, they went for Parkour Warrior to get it out of the way.

Parkour was pain as usual, with Pearl and False managing to get up to 5-3, with Cub stuck at 4-1 and Ren at 3-3.

"NOO! I was so close!" came Ren's distraught voice from their communicators as False and Pearl struggled with 5-1. "Cub, you and I are stuck on the stupid glass panes!"

"Hi False," a panting Pearl greeted her when False finally got past 5-1. "Damn, this is hard, and I practiced it."

So False and Pearl were stuck on one level together, Cub and Ren stuck in the same one a few levels behind them. All of them groaned about the unfairness of Parkour and became a little disheartened.