18. Better Days are Near

A/N: Well MCC 14 is gonna be on the 29th of May! So excited! Have no idea what the teams are though.

Rewatching the three hour long practice VOD was more painful than you would imagine. Boy. I'm exhausted lmao.

A good half of this chapter is just... transcripts from the VOD haha. Not all are direct, but you would notice their conversation jumps from here to there, which sounds perfectly normal irl but looks scattered and not cohesive in a story. I'm keeping it that way.

Did it take me like 100k words and half a year to reach the actual events of MCC 9? Yes. Do I regret it? Kinda, but also not.

-

Mumbo: It's Friday afternoon... you know what this means!!

Grian: ROADTRIP!!!

False: oh man i thought you were gonna say blue bats practice session :D

Grian: is it bad i literally forgot about that

False: ...you're in the 9th championship :P

Grian: yeah lol

Ren: #BlueBats4Life!! :D

-

"Alright, let's gooooo!"

Grian and Mumbo hopped into Mumbo's van, which was jam packed with cameras, recording equipment, hygiene products, and muffins. They set off immediately after school was finished. Several hermits sent them off, most of them secretly wondering how chaotic their trip would be.

"Bye everyone! I'll miss stealing your doors!" Grian called out of the window as Mumbo stepped on the pedal. Wind whipped past Grian's cheeks as he hurriedly stuck his head inside the van again. "Geez Mumbo, tell me when you're gonna start driving!" he exclaimed.

"I thought it was common sense to not stick your head out of the car window?!" Mumbo snarked back.

"Ohhh boy." Grian rolled his eyes. "I feel this is going to be a dangerous trip."

"It's only dangerous if you're here, Gri."

Now that they were on the road to their first destination, Grian decided they needed some entertainment. "Alright Mumbo, let's play something," he called out.

Mumbo laughed. "Okay, you choose." A pause. "I know I'm gonna regret making you choose though."

Grian fiddled with the music player. A few seconds later, a soothing voice filled the van. "Mr. and Mrs. Dursley of number four, Privet Drive, were proud to say that they were perfectly normal, thank you very much-"

Mumbo scoffed. "Harry Potter? Really?"

"You know I listen to those seven books while I work. Okay, joke over, moving on."

There was a pause, then a song that Mumbo and Grian were too familiar with started playing.

"Muuumbo Jumbo! Finest mustache in the land, pinstripe suit he has a plan! Vote Mumbo Jumbo for Mayor!"

Mumbo started subconsciously bopping his head to the music. "We really did choose the right person for the job."

"Yeah," Grian agreed. "I really like Jono's music."

"Muuumbo Jumbo! Talking 'bout the people's Champ, have your say and take your stand! Vote Mumbo Jumbo for Mayor!"

"Man, that was so good. Too bad it's a bit short."