2. Crafters

It was the first day of the new school year. Months had passed since the Camera Incident (as they called it), but the impacts were long lasting. False touched her cheek and felt the scar there— she had gotten it from the fight. "Now my face's not symmetrical," she had joked. "I'm False Symmetry."

"Very funny, False," Iskall had deadpanned. Stress and Ren were laughing hysterically. False loved the duality of her friends.

Just as always, False and Ren met up at their usual spot and set off for school. Iskall, Stress, and Mumbo joined them like they always did. But today, they couldn't pretend everything was normal. In fact, they would have to get used to the new normal that they were 3-H students now.

Many of False's old friends from 2-B had stopped contacting her after the Camera Incident. Granted, she didn't have a lot of friends outside the crafters' circle, but oh well. Most of the main campus students were reluctant to even interact with the hermits in fear they would get bullied as well. As Cub had put it, it was "kill or be killed". If you were seen with a weakling, you would be deemed weak as well. And in such a highly competitive environment, being a "weakling" was totally unideal.

To be frank, False would've despised being in 3-H if it wasn't for her friends. She was a good student, never broke any school rules, and was decent at PvP. If only False was a little more sociable, a little better at fighting, she could be part of the popular kids' circle. Her only "fault" was standing up for a bullied friend. False and Iskall still thought it was unfair for Stan Twitt to punish them by sending them to 3-H, but arguing with Stan Twitt was impossible. It wasn't because they were the principal, it was because they were so ignorant and stubborn that they refused to listen to anyone who didn't share their opinions.

Scar and Cub soon joined them. Scar in particular seemed the least saddened by being in 3-H. In fact, he looked pretty excited. He explained it was because he could be closer to nature and gain more inspiration for his building designs. Considering the 3-H classroom was on top of a hill, False supposed Scar was right.

But even Scar's smile slid off when the crafters arrived at the main campus, with its imposing cobblestone towers and awful colour palettes. (Okay, maybe Scar was just horrified by how terrible their school looked, and he wasn't feeling sad about being in 3-H.) They all agreed the main campus was the ugliest thing on earth, but it was somehow a symbol of raw power and prestige. And now they would get none of that. Several main campus students were loitering at the crudely-fashioned iron gates, sneering at the crafters.

"Awww look, it's the hermits. Thank goodness we're not them!"

"Yeah, their lives must suck. Can't imagine walking up the hill just to study in some worn down hut."

"They kinda deserve it though... like dude, what do you mean they can't speed run? That's a basic ability."

Offended, Iskall looked like he was about to retaliate, but Stress placed a hand on his arm. "They're not worth it, luv. Don't waste your energy on those geezers."

"To be honest, what's speed running? I only know Naruto running. And that's because I stan Etho."

"Oh look, it's Grian!" Mumbo pointed out. They all followed his gaze to see the short blond talking with some main campus students. False was a little surprised that Grian, another hermit, was still on speaking terms with the main campus students, but she'd heard Grian was charismatic. Or maybe he just had good friends. False recognised one of Grian's friends as Pearl, whom she had never talked to but quite liked.

"Grian, ask us if you need anything, okay?"

"This 3-H thing won't change anything. We'll always have each other's backs."