Care To Take Me Hostage?

Fallen twigs snapped as the girl ran, pushing herself faster and faster. Frustrated tears stained her otherwise pale face as she dodged between the hundreds of trees. She ran, faster then any person or any animal. Especially the horses stampeding behind her, carrying desperate riders.

"Dawn!" A man yelled, her father, as he tried to catch up to his daughter. "Dawn! Stop right now!"

"No!" She screamed, gaining speed from her anger. Her blonde hair whipped behind her, a flag amongst the dark trees.

As Dawn reached the edge of the forest she raced up the nearest tree, shrouding herself in the foliage.

"Which way did she go?" Her father bellowed, bringing his horse to a stop mere meters from Dawn's tree.

"I do not know, my lord," said a knight somberly.

"Why does she do this to me?" The King rubbed his forehead as if he was trying to erase some memories. "I'm sorry she ran out on you, Vance. I did not raise my only daughter to be like this..."

"It's quite alright, my lord. I'm sure she will be back when she finds out she has nowhere to go." Vance leaped graciously from his horse and traced Dawn's footsteps. "Sir?"

"Yes, Vance?" The King said tiredly.

"Can you not send the animals to look for her?"

"I can, but the animals like Dawn better then anyone else I'm afraid. Her tie to them has always been the strongest since she was born."

Vance stood up straight and cursed silently. "What is your wish now, Sire?"

"We will return to the castle immediately." The King spoke with a sense of regret. "Then we will inquire in the morning about her whereabouts."

The knight nodded and mounted his horse. The two rode side by side into the distance, leaving Dawn in her hidden perch.

When the beating hooves of the horses could no longer be heard, Dawn leaped down from the tree. She let out a shrill whistle and stood silently, waiting patiently.

Minutes later a she-wolf with a shining white coat and blue-silver eyes padded up to her. "Dawn," It growled protectively. "Why did you run?"

Dawn collapsed against the wolf and a single tear ran down her cheek. "I can't marry him, Arora! You know what he's like!"

Arora sat back on her haunches and nuzzled the girl's shoulder. "I do know," she said softly. "But that doesn't mean you can shirk your responsibilities as princess. Your kingdom needs you."

"My kingdom can handle itself with my father there until they understand that I am not marrying Vance!" Dawn clenched her fists angrily, rapidly thinking of a million different names to call him.

Sighing, Arora dipped her head. "And where do you plan on going until things are all cleared up?"

"I don't know. I just know that I'm going to walk and keep walking in that direction," she pointed towards the gleaming metal spires that were roughly a mile away from the forest's edge. "Until I find somewhere where I can stay comfortably."

"You are not heading towards Castin!" Arora snarled, the hair on her back standing up. "It's not safe, Dawn and you know it!"

A careless hand flipped through the air showing Arora that Dawn didn't care. "I'll make sure that they don't know who I am, Arora. Are you coming or not?"

"I'm only coming to keep you out of trouble." Arora grumbled, trodding alongside Dawn as she started off towards Castin.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Author's Note:

I obviously don't know how to keep to one story :b Hope you like it so far!

Vote, comment, fan :)