Chapter 13

The doctor couldn't believe what she had heard but she had encountered much more scary and shocking  cases than this. She was a psychiatrist after all. She asked for assistance from male nurses to carry Gao Shi De  to the ER for treatment. She explained what happened to Gao Shi De  and he was put on an IV. She asked the nurse to call her as soon as he wakes up.

She returned to Shu Yi 's room and found him still crying. His eyes almost swollen shut. He had been crying since the night before. She wanted to have a talk with him but he needed to rest.

"would you like to rest for a few hours and we can continue later?" she asked.

"how is he doing?" he sniffed more concerned Shi De's well-being.

"he is mentally exhausted. I'm guessing he is going to be down for a long time."

"he is going to hate me after this right?" Shi De teared up just thinking of what might happen to their relationship.

"why do you day so?" the doctor asked him.

"how can he not? I literally led him to do that. What should I do doctor? I can't lose him. He is all I have."

The desperation coming from his voice made the doctor worried. It was going to be hard to establish who had wronged who more. The guilt each man was harboring was something that was going to make the healing process complex.

"I understand what you are saying but I think you guys should take some time apart to recover from this."

Shu Yi  shook his head vigorously. "that can't do doctor there should be another way. Much more easier than that," he pleaded.

"couple therapy." She stated. "if you don't want to lose your relationship then I suggest couple therapy."

"I'll do whatever it takes."

"But not right away. You need to recover and so does he. When you're both doing better, you can talk things out."

After meeting with Shu Yi, Dr Ern had another conference discussing Gao Shi De 's condition and they agreed to put Gao Shi De under treatment that had been approved by the Chief. When Gao Shi De  woke up that evening, he was advised to get special treatment for his disease and he agreed.

He  stayed in the hospital for 2 weeks.

And it was a hustle.

The first three nights, sleep walking Shi De put up a fight looking for Shu Yi. He shouted Shu Yi's name and caused a commotion.

That's when Dr Ern knew the case was extreme. On the fourth day, they had to sleep induce him so he wouldn't wake up at all. Shi De slept the whole day because the dosage was too strong.

They reduced the dosages to match with his case the rest of the week.

Shi De had felt horrible when he woke up. His body was breaking down and he could feel it.

During the second week, he was sleeping throughout the night without waking up. He did shuffle around but he went back to sleep right after.

Ok the last day of his admission at the hospital, Shi De met Shu Yi in Dr Ern's office.

In the office, Shu Yi  was showing a little bit of color on his face indicating he was feeling much better. His chair was facing Gao Shi De 's who couldn't even look at Shu Yi 's direction. Dr Ern was there behind her desk looking at the two males with recorder recording the conversations in the office.

"Is there anything that you would like to say to each other?" she asked softly.

"I'll go first." Shu Yi said shyly raising his hand.