Chapter 9: CHILDREN

Audio titled: HELLO

Chapter
009

Children
(Pure, Innocent, Kind-hearted)

***

Basic psychology implied that if you spend your morning already in a miserable state of mind, your day won't get any better

It was going to be an awful day.

Jong Woo had not slept nearly enough, because he spent the little time he had left after Moon Jo's oh-so-nice invitation disposing a mutilated body.

What he did first thing on this wonderful morning?

Cleaning a dry pool of blood in his workshop. Not Jong Woo's favourite pastime either.

He decided to stay at home for today and only serve customers who came directly to his shop. All errands could wait, he intended to stay away from Moon Jo or his followers... or group task force for that matter.

Seo Moon Jo. Lee Kwang Jae. His precious few friends. His future.

Jong Woo scrubbed the floor angrily. He knew leader Jeoseung Saja's appearance was not the actual cause of his problems, but he could not help the anger that coursed through his veins when he thought about how Moon Jo destroyed any hope of a peaceful life within a few hours. Or rather the new knowledge that Moon Jo brought with him.

The strongest leader in the city was trying to kill Jong Woo and for some bizarre reason he had waited for years to do it.

Even if Jong Woo joined Moon Jo, could a new leader really provide enough protection against a man who controlled the strongest and largest group, potentially not only in Seoul, but whole Korea?

Who knew what was happening in this country? News travelled slower than groups were formed or disbanded. Group task force had been there right from the beginning and has been steadily growing since then. It was very well possible for them to be the oldest and thus most experienced group in the history of this new society.

Jong Woo sighed half exhausted, half irritated. For now, his best bet was to trust Moon Jo that Lee Kwang Jae would not make his next move in the near future. And Jong Woo did not like trusting Moon Jo one bit.

He looked down on his floor. Luckily only his living space and the shop in the front had wooden floor, the rest was plain stone. The blood came off completely, leaving Jong Woo only with a bloodied cloth and stained hands.

The bell above his front door clattered and Jong Woo tried to look past the shelves to see who entered. The shop was empty. Jong Woo walked warily past the shelves and came to a stop behind his counter. Still no sign of a customer.