Chapter 3: INVITATION

Audio titled: BODY GOLD

Chapter
003

Invitation
(How He would get Invited?)

***

"Stuck-up is the word I'd use

"Stuck-up is the word I'd use..."

Jung Hwa ignored him. "If he is able to make leaders join him as mere members, there must be something different about him!"

"He's even more stuck-up?" Jong Woo suggested with a crooked grin.

Jung Hwa frustrated threw her hands in the air. "Jong Woo, you have to join a group somewhen..."

"Not if I can help it..."

"Somewhen soon," said Jung Hwa seriously. "Even leader Lee begins to think it would be easier to only have the task force in town."

Jong Woo snorted. "He's been thinking that for a long time Jung Hwa. I'm amazed he hasn't killed off the smaller groups yet."

Jung Hwa looked at him with a sad expression. They never discussed Lee Kwang Jae's politics because they knew they weren't on the same side.

"Sorry," Jong Woo murmured.

"It's alright Jong Woo, I know it, I'm not stupid. But we care for you, we don't want you to get hurt. I would have recommended to leave town, but where could you go? Please Jong Woo we just want you to be safe. And the world isn't safe, especially if you have no one there to protect you! Could you not at least consider to meet this new leader?" Jung Hwa looked at him with puppy eyes. Damn her!

"I can protect myself," Jong Woo snapped .

"I don't doubt that stupid! But there's more to life than sit around alone inventing new traps to keep out intruders!"

"Well I never knew another life!" Jong Woo shot back.

"Why do you think we want to show it to you so desperately?" Jung Hwa cried .

It hurt to see her so sad. Jong Woo sighed. "Look I'm just not a person who follows others. I just don't trust them enough like you do with Lee Kwang Jae."

Jung Hwa smiled sadly. "That's because everyone is an idiot compared to you. No one trusts someone who is stupid in their eyes."

Jong Woo couldn't help but return her smile. "Was that a compliment or an insult?"

"I heard this new leader is exceptionally intelligent..." Jung Hwa began innocently.

"Oh for Christs sake Jung Hwa! I've never met a person more stubborn than you!" Jong Woo laughed .

"You should meet yourself then," Jung Hwa retorted grimly, "I'm nothing compared to you."

"Fine whatever! You win! How do I meet this marvellous leader?" he asked, just to make Jung Hwa stop nagging him.