Chapter 1; Sacrifice Page 8-9, Part 2

Nanda Parbat

Nyssa let out a very girly girl squeal when Qaramzi el Zal suddenly picked her up and wrapped her legs around his waist, and in no time her back was against a wall with a hand muffling her squeal, dagger on the floor.

"Al Sah-him repeated the same mistake your father did years ago, he let his enemy live. While your father let Damien Darhk escape Nanda Parbat with his life and Lazarus Pool water, Al Sah-him-No. Oliver Queen let Malcolm Merlyn live and gave him all the power he wanted and the Lazarus Pool." Qaramzi el Zal said, but he wasn't done.

"I understand that they had an agreement but what I don't understand is why your 'husband' offered your enemy power over you instead of releasing you. It's interesting how you're the only one who didn't really benefit from the alliance you all had.

Don't you think it's about time you did something about that? Or are you going to let Malcolm live like your father let Damien live and outlive him? How long are you going to keep on kneeling before the man that drugged his own daughter so that she could kill the love of your life for him?

I get the feeling that your father purposefully kept you in Talia's shadow and never allowed you to reach your full potential. The same way Oliver has hindered you from spreading your wings by 'forgetting' to release you and putting you under Malcolm's watchful eye.

Unlike them, I want to see you reach your full potential and so do some members of the League. I will not tell you which ones, I'll let you find them yourself and when you have amassed a strong following and you have unlocked more of your potential, I'll help you bring Malcolm Merlyn to his knees and take over the League."

Though embarrassed for squealing like a girly girl and being caught off guard, Nyssa composed herself and tried to ignore Qaramzi el Zal's warm breath caressing her neck and the compromising position they were in, especially when she became aware that she unconsciously locked her arms around his neck for balance.

Instead, she thought over what Qaramzi el Zal said and as much as she hated to admit it, some of what he said had crossed her mind but she didn't want to dwell on that.

"You want to see me reach my full potential and help me with my revenge?" Nyssa inquired, wanting to get as much information as she could. "Why is that? What do you hope to gain, exactly?"

"Of course, I want to see you reach your full potential." Qaramzi el Zal answered as though that was a given. "Why would I want to lead the League with a weak partner?"

"Excuse me?" Nyssa responded, pulling back so that she could look at the man who just insulted her in the eyes.

"You heard me. You lost a fight against Malcolm a few minutes ago, quite pathetically I might add." Qaramzi el Zal replied, their eyes focused on each other. "For someone who was raised by Ra's al Ghul from a young age, I expected more from you. Not the pathetic...."

He didn't get to finish because Nyssa head butted him, but to her surprise, he didn't reel back even a little like she expected, instead, she felt like she hit a solid steel wall with her head head-on before her head recoiled and hit the wall behind her.

A big misstep on her part if the pounding headache she felt coming along with dizziness said anything.

"See what I mean?" Qaramzi el Zal commented with a sigh. "You're too emotional, too impulsive and oh so tactless. Those qualities are some of the reasons why you're weak."

"Where are you taking me?" Nyssa asked when she felt Qaramzi el Zal move with her.

"The Lazarus Pool."

"Don't. I can handle..."

"You can't." Qaramzi el Zal said, and Nyssa didn't feel like arguing, not when her head felt like it was split in two.

A few moments later Qaramzi el Zal sat her down against the Lazarus Pool wall and after some time she felt something on her lips.

"Drink."

Nyssa forced her eyes open to see what it was and saw Qaramzi el Zal holding a colorless vial with possibly Lazarus Pool water and wondered if she should trust him.

"You either drink or I throw you into the Pool." Qaramzi el Zal threatened. "Either way, you'll recover, but you know what bathing in the Pool does to a person and though I recommend you use it to get stronger while Malcolm is away, I'd rather not be here when you do.

Except if you invite me to have a private bath with you, of course."

He received another headbutt for his last comment but like the first time, Nyssa was the only one who suffered the consequences of the headbutt, making Qaramzi el Zal force her to drink from the vial before he sat down beside her to wait for her to recover.

"Why are you doing this?" Nyssa asked while she recovered, her mind getting clearer.

"You're alone and in need of a friend who understands your loss, pain and need for revenge." Qaramzi el Zal answered, before he stood up. "A friend who wants you to reach your full potential so that you can carry out your vendetta and maybe find the strength to accept what happened and move on.

And if you want, make it possible for you to live the life you tasted outside the League. The life Sara will never get to live because of Malcolm Merlyn, full of life instead of death that surrounds us.

But if you don't need such a friend and partner, I'll walk away and leave you alone because I understand some people just want to be alone, reach the top alone and rule the world alone. Like Malcolm. See you around, Nyssa, Daughter of former Ra's al Ghul, and former Heir to the Demon."

With that, he moved to leave but felt a hand on his wrist, stopping him from leaving, and he resisted the urge to smirk.