Chapter 7

tw: sh

Kyoko's POV

I feel kind of bad for leaving Celeste in the dust, but I felt like I was depending on her too much. I guess I was just petty? But I just broke after Byakuya's bullying and Celeste not letting me fight my own battles. I don't know what's going to happen now.

I woke up and got ready for school like normal. I went through class and talked to Mukuro a little bit before just heading back to my room.

I never realized how lonely I was before until I wasn't alone. It wasn't that big of a deal, but I still missed the thought that I always had somebody. I missed Celeste.

I was just going to watch some TV, but I got a knock on my door. I doubted it would be Celeste, and I was right. It was Hina.

"Hey Kyoko," she said, looking worried. "Can I come in?"

"Sure," I said, shutting the door behind her.

"I watched the fight you guys had," Hina said sadly. I knew she was talking about me and Celeste. I nodded.

"I just wanted to make sure you were ok." Hina sat down on my bed.

"Yeah, I'm ok, I've just never really had a fight before. I've never really been close enough to anyone to have a fight before." I mean, I have my dad, but we're not close at all.

"What works for me is doing something I like to distract myself for the time being," Hina said. "Like eating donuts!"

"Yeah, I know I should probably do something, but I just don't have motivation," I said, telling the truth.

"Come on, we all miss Lie Detector," Hina cried.

"Um, Lie Detector?"

"It's you and Celeste's ship name!" Hina exclaimed. "We all made it up one day at lunch."

I blushed. I didn't know everyone knew that much. It was pretty cute though.

"I have to go," Hina said, "but I hope I helped a little bit." She stood up and went to the door.

"Bye Kyoko," she said, waving as she left. I waved back and waited for the door to click before flopping onto my bed. I have to fix this somehow.

~~~

Celeste's POV

Blood ran down my arms before I quickly wiped them up, pressing firmly on the fresh cuts. I was just punishing Taeko, like normal. She had to ruin everything by sticking up for Kyoko when I knew I didn't really have to do anything. Hopefully, something happens soon. I don't like being like this.

I heard a knock on my door as soon as I got myself patched up. I smoothed my skirt and went to open the door.

"Hello." It was Sakura.

"Hello Sakura, what brings you here?" I was pretty curious, since we've never really spoken without Hina, and she didn't seem to be here.

"I wanted to check on you after your fight with Kyoko." Oh. So everybody knew.

"Well, that was a kind thought!" I didn't really want to talk, I'd rather be alone right now.

"How are you?" Sakura asked softy.

"I'm alright," I said. I mean, I wasn't, but I had a fake face to use. That was the point of Celestia Ludenberg.

"Hina told me that when she was sad she'd do something she liked, like eat donuts. For me, I put all my effort into my skill," Sakura said, referencing her fighting abilities. "Do you have anything you could do to get your mind settled?"

I thought for a moment. I guess I could go gamble myself some money or embroider the dress I wanted to...

"Yes, I think so," I replied.

"I just think maybe you could do one of those things to feel better," Sakura said. "I have to go fight Akane and Nekomaru now, but I hope your feelings get sorted out. Goodbye."

"Goodbye Sakura," I said. "Thank you."

Sakura nodded and closed the door.

~~~

I was taking a late-night walk to the casino, lighting a cigarette. This was a habit I should probably stop, but I have a lot of those.

Inside, I beat a few people in poker and blackjack, all to win more money. Before, I was always thrilled when I won. I wanted to save for a giant gothic castle and have vampire servants, but that just didn't seem right for some reason.

I did follow Sakura's advice and did something I liked to take my mind off of things, but it just made me wonder what Kyoko was doing right now.