Chapter 2

tw: mentions of sh 

After the entrance ceremony introducing the other two classes and explaining how things would be, it was dinner time. There's a cafeteria that most people eat in, though you can really go wherever. I decided to go and scope out the others.

I got my dinner and found a small circular table to sit at and observe the scene. Taka was sitting by Mondo and Chihiro; Sakura and Hina were talking to some people I didn't know, one with long colorful hair and.. horns made of hair? There were a lot of other people as well. There was one I was looking for in particular that I couldn't seem to find...

"Excuse me."

I flinched as a hand touched my shoulder behind me.

I turned around to see Kyoko.

So that explains why I couldn't find her...

"Did I scare you?" Kyoko asked, a mildly worried expression on her face.

"No, no, not at all!" I chuckled slightly. She did. "Do you need something from me?"

"Not particularly, I just decided to sit next to the only person I'm familiar with." Ah.

She sat down as I was still blushing from being scared by her coming up to me.

"What do you think of the other students here?" She asked me.

"Well, I don't have much of an opinion on them yet," I replied. I hadn't really spoken to anyone yet. Kyoko nodded, sipping out of a straw as she looked around.

Just then, Monokuma popped up.

"Ahem! Just to remind you all, the doors to the cafeteria will be locked at 10 pm and you will be expected to be in your rooms or doing something quietly." He waved around at all of us. "Goodnight!"

A lot of people were taking that as their cue to leave.

"Shall I walk you to your room?" I asked, mostly because we'd be walking together anyway.

"Alright," Kyoko responded, not looking at me. We straggled behind everyone so it'd be quieter. We didn't really talk at all, just the sounds of our shoes clacking on the tiles echoed before us.

Right then, Kyoko's foot tripped mine and we were on top of each other on the ground. I looked up at her, seeing her basically pinning me down. Her face became bright pink as she tried to scramble up as calmly as possible. I smirked and said, "You're not even going to take me out to dinner first?"

"I-, what?" She just looked at me weirdly, actual emotion showing for once.

I started laughing at her expression, and it got so out of control that my accent started to falter. At that point, I pulled myself together and told Kyoko I'd see her soon. She nodded, her face eventually going back to normal.

~~~

Kyoko's POV

She is such an interesting girl... Her actions and emotions are so hard to predict. Was her accent going away as she laughed..? I guess I can get into that later.

It was the next day and I had to go to my first class. I found my seat and went on with the day, meeting people along the way. A girl named Mukuro was my partner and she seemed nice.

After class, I met up with Celeste as we agreed to study together.

"So, make any other friends yet?" Celeste asked, telling I was a quiet person.

"Actually, I met a girl in class because we were partners," I huffed subtly. I went to grab a blank paper, and of course, Celeste did at the same time. Our hands touched for a second too long, because we both pulled our hands back quickly.

"My apologies," Celeste said, composing herself quickly. I nodded, looking away with a pink face.

Why does this happen to me? I've never felt this way before. I'm barely attracted to people, mostly because my detective work is more important. But for some strange reason, my heart always sped up and my cheeks always burned when she was near.

At the end of the night, I packed up my things to leave Celeste's dorm.

"Well, thank you for studying with me," I said. She smiled sweetly, her hands folded under her chin.

"Anytime."

I got out the door and down the hall before I realized I left one of my notebooks. I went back to her room and knocked.

Nothing happened.

I decided to just go in because I was just in there anyway. I hope she's not naked...

"Celeste, I'm coming in," I called into the room. She wasn't in the main room, but I saw the bathroom light on. That explains it. I grabbed my notebook, but on my way out I heard an unfamiliar voice.

"Celeste, you're such a lie." 

Who was that? I silently crept towards the door.

"No one would ever like the real you."

I peered in the crack and saw Celeste, talking to herself in the mirror in her underclothes. I softly gasped, seeing cuts all around her thighs and arms

Her head snapped towards me and I couldn't really do anything but stand there. Her face went whiter than it already was, her head looking so small without her fake pigtails on.

"I-I'm very sorry.." I quickly left the room, making sure I had my notebook this time.