Chapter 72

3rd Person's POV

Ten was separated from Vanellope due to his injuries. He should get treated first.

Nasa isang guest room malapit sa kwarto ni Lee si Vanellope while Ten was put on the room near the doctor's.

Vanellope was sitting on the bed, spacing out, tears on her eyes rolling down all the way on her cheeks.

A maid was preparing a warm water and a towel to clean her face and hands.

Sinimulan na nyang linisin ang mukha ni Vanellope pero tinulak sya nito ng malakas.

"Get out!!" Sigaw ni Vanellope.

Sa gulat ng maid, nagmadali itong tumayo at lumabas ng kwarto na sya namang pagdating ni Taeyong.

"Wait--what happened here?" Tanong nya ng makita ang maid na nagmadaling umalis ngunit nag bow lang ito sa kanya at umalis ng tuluyan.

"Schweetz..?"

"I'm gonna kill him! I'm gonna kill him!!" Sigaw ni Vanellope habang nagmamadaling umalis ng kwarto.

Hinila sya pabalik ni Taeyong pero pilit parin itong kumawala sa hawak nya kaya hinawakan nya ito sa magkabilabg balikat.

"Schweetz!! Schweetz!!" Pang-gigising sa kanya ni Taeyong

"Listen. Lyle's dead. He's dead."

Umiyak ulit si Vanellope sabay pilit parin kumawala sa hawak ni Taeyong pero wala syang sapat na lakas para makawala sa sobrang higpit ng hawak nito.

"Do you think killing Jein will revive Lyle?? Do you think he'll breathe again once you killed Jein?? Hindi diba??"

"Both of them may have misunderstanding but I know Jein wouldn't do that. He wouldn't just leave Lyle there without reason.."

"And you.. you know him Schweetz. You two have also a misunderstanding but you know Jein way too well."

"I know you're mad. You're so mad that the pain is killing you. You're so mad that you also blame yourself for losing him. You lost a friend. A best friend and a brother from another mother but please.. don't close your ears to a valid explanation what you think is an excuse."

He wipe her tears and hug her.

He knows Vanellope needs more comfort than anyone right now.

"But Lyle.. *sniff* why him.. Lyle.." umiyak sya lalo. Kahit hindi nya sabihin,  sinisisi nya rin ang sarili nya. She could have done something than just get on on that car while seeing his best friend get killed.

Nakatulog si Vanellope sa sobrang pag iyak nya.

Lee, while staring at her, clench his fist. Thinking all the possible scenarios he could have done if only he can.

"Apo.."

Napalingon si Lee sa likod nya ng marinig ang tawag ng kanyang Lolo.

"Grandpa, why are you here? Where's--" Lumapit sya nito saka inaalalayan

"I'm good, ihjo. You don't have to help me."

"Is there anything you want to eat or something?" Tanong ni Lee sa kanya

"Nothing. I'm here to see the girl that made my ihjo went back here."

Napangiti si Lee.

"Isn't she lovely, Grandpa?" Lee said full of love in his eyes.

Yes. He loves her. But he chose their friendship than his feelings.

"She's broken.. inside and out. She's mentally and emotionally broken. But she's trying hard to survive.. she's trying hard not for herself.. but for other people. And that makes me insanely mad. I have the power to turn the tables around, you know that Grandpa. But I chose not to. I respect your decisions but I'm sorry I can't tell you until when..." Napayuko si Lee sa sinabi nya.