Chapter 30 - Hearts Reunited

This is absolutly terible at the begining but it gets better. I was struggling with describing the teleporting doors but hey I did it.

Sorry for the lack of updates. School started and its has been my friends birthday and my mother's birthday and urgh!

Enjoy!
________

Purple light blurred Mono's vision. The light burned through his frozen skin as it stared him down. Blindly walking, Mono tumbled on his feet. He didn't know where he was or where he was going.

Losing his footing, Mono fell back. The sharp stab of concrete stairs jabbed in his back as he rolled down the few stairs. His chest wheezed as the air was knocked out of him. Mono rolled over onto his chest, pushing himself onto his knees as he gasped for breath.

He was in a small courtyard, with little dead bushes surrounding the walls. A small stone pathway swivelled to a huge door that glowed purple. Discarded toys floated about, missing limbs and eyes.

Shaking his head, Mono stood to his feet. His lungs burned but he kept moving. Keeping silent, he cautiously made his way through the courtyard, following the short trail. The cool brick soothed his sore feet while the stuffy air providing heat to his freezing form. Mono felt uneasy as he neared the steps that led to the doorway.

Stopping in front of the huge doorway, he gulped. This is stupid. But it's for her. Pushing down his worries and fears, Mono slowly climbed the tiny stairs. Passing the door, Mono was greeted with a toasty breeze and a massive hallway of stairs. Soft light illuminated the room, highlighting the endless amount staircases.

A soft tune hummed from above. It was faint and familiar. It was sweet yet sour, calming but alarming. Its lullaby sung, telling a story with its repetitive notes.

Feeling a sudden rush of courage Mono yelped, "HEY?" His voice boomed, thundering like a thousand drums as it called. Instantly, Mono covered his mouth with his hands. The hell?

The music froze on a low note. Its sweet melody cracking as it twitched to a stop. Mono's ears perked, listening.

"Hey." A familiar voice softly rung in his ears. SIX!

It was here. She was in the tower. Locked away. Stuck. Trapped. Alone.

When the music buzzed to life again, Mono felt a jolt of energy. Without another word he rushed up the stairs. His legs burned as he climbed the endless number of stairs, but Mono had his mind set on one thing. Getting his love back.

At the top of the first staircase, he skidded through the purple doorway. His body shifted and twisted as he was teleported to a small hallway. Many doorways glowed, all looking so similar.

Between the four doorways that were presented to Mono, he decided to run through the closest one. Jumping into the glowing light, he felt his form glitch and twitch before he was shot backward.

Confused, Mono wandered past each door. As he neared the far right door, he heard the familiar tune from the hallway of stairs. The song only sung from that particular doorway. Deciding to attempt to go through it, Mono took a deep breath and walked into the door way.

His body jerked and shifted. The purple light blinded him as he was spat back into the hall of stairs. The music surrounded him, sounding louder than it was before. I guess I follow the music.