Chapter 23 - Little Wonders

Yeah guys! Its part 37, did you know that? Cause I didn't.

Holy ponies eating macaroni (he, refences). 100k reads and 3.6k votes.... mind esplode *kaboom.* I want to thank you all for taking time out of your day to read this book. I am so happy you guys like it so muc! I hope I can keep making you guys proud ❤❤❤

Warning: FLUFF

Enjoy
____

The rain had softened, becoming nothing but a light drizzle. The bright white moon shone through the dark grey clouds, making beams of light. The rays of moonlight lit up the teenagers’ path. The light shimmered in small puddles of water. The grey pavement was lined with cracks and craters. Dead roots hugged the pavement, its arms crushing it.  

Mono carefully wandered the city’s streets, Six staying to his side. They both scrambled up chunks of rubbed, crawled under dangling power lines and avoided random televisions. Mono was alert. It has been too peaceful for his liking. No monsters, no televisions flashing to life, no nothing. It secretly freaked him out, but he kept a straight face, not wanting to disturb Six. She was calm, her eyes drowsy while her muscles sank in exhaustion.  

Crunch! Snap! Crunch! Mono felt his heart rate increase, his breath rapidly increasing. A body of a townsfolk had crashed into the ground. Limp and lifeless. Another came falling from a rooftop. Then another and another. A bright light blinded Mono. Squinting and looking up he saw the signal tower’s light glowing brighter than before. It’s feeding. Eating the souls of the poor people, using their souls to power it.  

Mono lifted his hands in front of his face, trying not to gaze at the tower. Six stared at the floor, pulling her yellow hood over her head. A sharp buzzing noise echoed in Mono’s head. Mono winced, the static noise ringing. Shutting his eyes, Mono covered his ears with his hands. His body fell, his knees landing on the rough cement. He hunched over, pain throbbing through his small form. Tears pricked his eyes as the noise grew louder. Mono could feel the towers gaze burn into his body, strengthening the pain.  

Mono shook his head, his hands clawing at his ears. Tears streamed down his face. “Stop…” his mind was scorched black, his eyes snapped open, and his gaze flashed from left to right. He could see a red liquid ooze from his eyes, creating small splotches on the floor. His vision started to flash like the static on a T.V screen. Mono’s throat stung, his mouth dry as he screamed. “STOP IT!” 

Then Nothing. 

His world turned to black. Relieving him of his agony. He couldn’t move, he couldn’t feel. Am I dead? It’s a lot darker than I thought. Mono was all alone, trapped in a void of emptiness. Six. What happened to her? Is she going to be okay if I die? A soft sound echoed in his mind. It was a relaxing yet frightening sound. It was desperate yet hopeful. Crying.  

Six? 

Mono felt his heart shatter- he could feel. He could sense course wood underneath his hands and the gentle drip of water on his face. He could smell the fresh rain along with the smell of old wood. Mono could hear the soft cries, overpowering the roaring of lightning and thunder. The taste of metal made him want to gag, but he couldn’t.  

Come on Mono. Open your eyes. Nothing. The cries grew more and more, plagued with sorrow. Get up!  His finger twitched. His face scrunched. Slowly, Mono opened his eyes. His vision was blurry but soon became clear. He was no longer in the streets, at the mercy of the tower. Instead, he was surrounded by wooden floors and toys. Little hiccups mixed with sobs ricocheted around the enclosed space.