Chapter 27 - Do You Love Me

Art above by hello314159265358979 (their insta and twitter: Koropuru_)

Hehehe finaly Chapter 27. Hold onto your hats because this is going to be wild.

Thank you all so much for 140k reads and 5.02k votes. Meh heart go BOOM! ❤❤ LOVE YOU ALL!! also sorry for the April fools joke. I just had to.

Enjoy!
_______

Six ran. Her feet pounding against the wooden floor of the hallway. Guilt and worry crashed into her like a wave. How could I just leave him?  Screeching to a halt, tears found their way down her face. Anything could be happening to him.  Using her yellow raincoats sleeve, she wiped away the few stray tears. Six looked over her shoulder, staring back into the darkness where she came. I have to go back. For him.  

Taking a step forward she felt herself start to fall. Six squeaked as she fell into a sea of darkness. Wind howled in her ear as she fell, her raincoat flapping. A bright light shone at the bottom of the pit. A glass force field dividing her from the bright light. Six shut her eyes, bracing for impact.  

Smash. Six winced, her body landing on cement. Her leg burned, pain throbbing like a heartbeat. Slightly opening her eyes, Six felt her heart dance. Next to her lay Mono. His eyes where closed, his breathing calm. Six sighed, sitting up. Shattered glass surrounded the two. Six peered behind her to see a television with smashed glass, wires buzzing with electricity. Are we back in the real world?  

Mono grunted, making Six swing her head in his direction. Mono pushed himself onto his knees, his hand holding his head. “Are you… okay?” He glanced over to Six, nodding. Slowly he stood up, his legs wobbling. Six smiled, glad that Mono was alright before standing for herself. Six yelped as she put pressure on her bad leg. Mono looked at her before looking away, ignoring her. Odd. Six lifted her leg up, limping over to Mono.  

Once she reached Mono, she gasped. A bright purple light glowed through a giant doorway illuminating the streets. The tall slim building of the signal tower loomed over them. Its body the only one not twisted compared to the buildings surrounding it.  

Mono was glowing under the purple light. His eyes reflecting the light. His features became highlighted purple. Six felt herself relax upon seeing Mono. Seeing his perfect face and body.   

“We’re here.” Mono whispered, his voice oddly monotone. Worry started to settle in Six’s stomach. Six fiddled with her hands, her eyes on the floor. Is he mad at me? I didn’t want to run away, he just scared me. Six opened her mouth to speak but was interrupted by Mono. “Six?” Six stared at Mono, listening.  

Mono turned his head, his eyes meeting hers. “Do you love me?” Six was taken aback. Her heart danced, her breath quickened. Did she love him? She didn’t know. She never felt this for anybody before. It was all new to her. Six wasn’t even sure what love is. 

“I-” Mono shook his head, cutting off their eyes contact. “SIX I LOVE YOU! Can’t you see that!” He yelled. Tears freely fell from his face. Six froze, her body tensing. She was confused. Lost in what to say. Six lifted her arms up, hugging herself. She felt herself shake, “I… Don’t know… What I… feel.”  

Mono balled his hands into fists. His brown eyes flashing red. Six backed away a little as Mono growled. “Have you no heart!” Six’s heart broke upon those words. Her mind started to spread toxic thoughts. NO! I won’t listen!