12. Proposal

Warning: This chapter contains NSFW content

Warning: This chapter contains NSFW content. Reader discretion is advised.

~~~~~~~~

I awoke the next morning feeling the mattress dip under a weight by my legs. I rolled over to my side to see Levi sitting up. He quietly and carefully slid on his pants and I found myself admiring his muscular figure. I don't remember falling asleep, just the long talk we had well into the night. It was the first time we were truly vulnerable with each other. Levi seemed to be more talkative in the evenings, when his responsibilities were done and the world "turned off" for the night. The connection we shared and the way he held me as we talked until sleep welcomed us is something I will never forget. I couldn't fight back the smile that formed on my face as I watched him. He was just so damn mesmerizing to me.

"Where are you off to?" I asked softly. He looked over his shoulder back at me.

"You weren't there when I told Erwin... but I'm sending the brats off to isolation."

"Isolation?"

"We need to keep Eren and Historia safe. Hange wants to experiment with Eren on his abilities to see if it's at all possible to plug the shitty hole in Wall Maria," He explained, putting on his shirt in the process.

"I'll come with you," I said, sitting up with the blanket to my chest.

"As much as I'd enjoy that, you need to stay here and play doctor," he mocked, "I'll be back. Don't feel like slumming it anymore than I have to."

I sat back a little bit in defeat. I knew he was right. I still needed to talk to Erwin about my position within the Scout Regiment as well. Standing up from the bed, I joined him in putting on my clothes along with the rest of the scout uniform I had stored away in his chest of drawers. We made our way out of the office and down the hallways to the open courtyard. The sun was shining bright surrounded by a beautiful shade of blue sky. It was still quite early in the AM, so the courtyard was still relatively quiet. Only a few soldiers out on guard duty and tending to the stables.

Levi stopped and looked over to me, pointing his thumb to the building ahead of us, "I need to go round up the brats."

I gave him a nod, watching him walk off before making my way to Erwin's office. The crisp morning air was refreshing to take in. I inhaled deeply before entering the barracks once more, walking through long corridors and taking in the peace and quiet. Quietly, I knocked on Erwin's door and was surprised when his voice invited me in nearly instantly.

"Good morning, Emily," Erwin greeted. Immediately I noticed he was standing and dressed in a button down shirt with dark blue pants.

"Good Morning. Should you really be up and walking already?" I questioned.

"I'm feeling much better. I can't waste any more time sitting around when there's work to be done," He replied, gesturing over to the chair near the small table by the window, "please, take a seat."