8. Stohess

It took me little-to-no time to get dressed into my Scout uniform, gather my belongings, and be outside waiting to depart

It took me little-to-no time to get dressed into my Scout uniform, gather my belongings, and be outside waiting to depart. When I arrived out front, I saw the other cadets near their horses at the stables. They each wore a worried look on their face and were busy in conversation with each other. Three of them wore their cloaks over their heads while the taller one, Jean, dressed himself to resemble Eren.

The morning sky dawned a clear, beautiful shade of blue. Quite the different scene from the monstrous storm that raged through the night. The ground was muddy and the air was filled with the crisp, clean scent left behind from the rain.

In the near distance I could see two carriages making their way to the castle. Each carriage was being pulled by two horses. Didn't think we'd be getting the 'royal' treatment when making our way to Stohess. They like to arrest people in style, apparently.

"Emily," a voice called out for me. I turned around to see Erwin and Levi exiting the castle. Erwin stood tall, wearing his uniform sans ODM gear.

"Good morning, Commander," I greeted him with a slight smile.

"I trust you're ready for today?" He asked me, stopping just in front of me. I forget just how tall Erwin is.

"As much as I could be, I suppose," I shrugged slightly, glancing over at Levi who was staring off in the distance, expressionless.

"You'll be riding with us. We'll have our 'prisoner' in the second carriage," He said.

"It would be my honor," I said, smiling and giving a playful bow.

He smiled back and patted my shoulder before quickly walking over to the others. My eyes followed him as he walked away only to be interrupted by Levi taking a step towards me. I looked down at his leg before meeting his eyes.

"Are you sure you're okay?" I asked him.

"I'm fine," he answered monotonously.

I gave him a worried look before turning my gaze to the horses now pulling in behind me. The carriages parked as the horses patted their hooves into the ground. Each carriage was dressed in a rather fancy design. Green paint covered the main cabin with gold metal accents along the edges. The front of the carriage sat a Military Police Soldier to steer the horses. An armed officer sat at the back of the wagon with a gun in hand.

"Jeez, it's like we're really being arrested," I mumbled.

Erwin walked back towards us with Jean in tow, who was now wearing a wig styled to look like the Eren's messy hair. He hung his head down low to avoid direct eye contact with the officers on the carriages. Eren and the others must have departed to Stohess already with ODM gear, avoiding the scene completely to remain in hiding. Erwin grabbed the decoy by the arm, escorting him into the second carriage for appearance value. He closed the door rather roughly and then made his way back to us.